hunter safety course

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by on_the_fly, Sep 18, 2008.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If any of you live around rough river lake the state park is holding a free hunter safety course, it is a three day class/course 6 to 9 (tonight) thursday and friday nights and 8 to 12 saturday.
    this course if free and a great opertunity for kids to get their orange card. I will be taking my boy and one of his friends. a kid must be at least 9 years old to take the course even though they do not need their orange card untill they are 12 years old, but can git it out of the way my boy is 9 and his friend is 10. the class is at the sate park and we will go 6 miles down the road to jakes archery for the shooting part of the test.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good way to think ahead ! my boy is only 7 I dont live close either ! Glad you are taking the steps to introduce a future spotsman !

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well my son and his friend both passed the hunter safety.:big_smile:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Glad to here that both boy's passed the test, Now well be waiting for some pic's of theer first hunt.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad they passed ! Probably one of the most important things they could evre learn . Whether they take up hunting or not . Gun Safety is very important . Stellar job boys !