Hunter safety course

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im taking it this year with my oldest son even though I will probably not hunt. I have to do it next Sat and Sun in the afternoon. My son has to do it since he has used up his 3 years of hunting apprenticeship. Its fun but very basic.

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't do what I did, I was watching what answers he was marking to make sure he had the right ones and we disaggreed on one. Well he was right I was wrong , he got a 100 I got a 99. lol It was fun though good father and son experience.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good deal bro. If ya ever want to meet up this winter to rabbit or deer hunt let me know. I do both, and would be more than glad to have you two join us....rollo

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thanks Jason I probably wont go out hunting till next year at least thats what Im planning, and even if and when I do go hunting it will be for giving the meat away since my wife doesnt like eating bambi LOL. Ive had her taste a roast we made for Thanksgiving and she liked that but just that little bit LOL.

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    A license is not only good for hunting deer.:big_smile:

Go get her some squirrel to clean and fix for dinner.:smile2:

What's wrong with eating Bambi anyway? Does he have any issues with beef?:wink:

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats really cool Gary! My dad had his licence since he was a boy but went and took the class with me when i was 9. It helped my confidence knowing dad was there with me. It is def. important to teach him Safety, resect and the reason for hunting and harvesting animals and the respect of the outdoors. Reps to ya Bro!

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Gary,

Glad you were able to get all of the info you needed for it .... Garry-

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    LOL not at all Elsie must be OK to eat:eek:oooh::smile2:, Im sure if I brought home some Rabit or Squirrel she might taste it but I doubt it would last. Whats insane is we could get enough meat for the whole year especially when I hopefully get my youngest to go with and bag some but she would rather spend the money on that crap we get at the store.

Whats even funnier is that she is from Newark which is hickville Columbus :smile2::wink:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Squirrel and rabbit makes for a good meal its worth hunting as well Gary!:wink: I love making squirrel gravy over mashed taters, and rabbit soup.:big_smile: rollo

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sounds awesome make some for the next sinker making party:big_smile:

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well we finished the course both of us passing, I goofed on a couple of questions (it took me about 20 min to finish) and got a 98, my son took a little longer and got a 92. He was happy cause now he can hunt this year. Good course overall, but it is very basic if you know even a little of safety so if you have to sit through it be prepared.