Hunter education

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by subcook, Nov 29, 2009.

1. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    does any one know where or how to get ahold of sumone doing hunter education classes or field days? I took it when I was a kid but my instructor wasn't certified so it doesn't count I guess so I retook an online course and passed all the quizes and test's but have no idea what to do next. any help will be greatly welcomed and used to the fullest extent of my abilities

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    wow...thats sucks....I took mine when I was in the big brothers/ big sisters program....so about 18years ago for me:big_smile:...

why do you need to take one???

I belive the shooting range offers classes....not the G.I rifle club but the shooting range itself...

3. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I think if you look on the nebraska game and parks website , in the schedule of events there is sometimes a list of classes there, myself well I'm old enough that I don't need it:sad2: unless I go out of state.

4. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Talk to your game warden that's who did mine. Or ngpc I work with a guy that does it ill ask him and get ya some info

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    if your home DNR website doesnt have one listed, i would shoot them an email. they always have a contact part to their websites, and if they require it by law they surely will have the info you need to meet the requirement...

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    The local sporting goods store that sells hunting stuff oughta have some idea about who/where to go. If no good info there, try the NRA.

7. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    I need one so I can get out during the winter months. and start getting my own meat again. it sucks that I have to retake it but whatever u know it good 2 have a refresher u know. thanks for all the help and advise