Hunt Memories

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Mike81, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Was going through my old pictures. These are probably my two most memorable hunts in Alaska. My mountain goat hunt was the only other one that compared but I can't find the pics at the moment.

Thought I'd share with ya'll....

take care
    mike

Attached Files:

2. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I liked those pictures! I bet thay were fun hunts. Thanks for sharing.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thats 2 animals i've never hunted. I bet those two were some fun hunts:cool2:.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, both were awesome hunts I'll always remember. The dall trip mostly for the extreme conditions, warm one minute and snowing the next..in AUGUST. Also the hair raising flight out..saw my life flash before my eyes...:crazy:

The moose had just got done fighting another bull for about 15 minutes, I called him and his 5 cows too me, guess he was gonna kick my butt next? Guess his andrenline was going cause he took 2 rounds of 300 win mag on the crease of the shoulder and I thought I missed, he showed no sign of being hit and as he ran down into the timber he got another round through the nose just in front of his eyes. I was glad to see he was down just inside the tree line but still holding his head and body upright. As he expired he had about a 3 inch spruce tree in his brow tines and as he fell over the tree fell too...I always remeber that sight. I earned every bit of meat on that bad boy...took 12 hours of trip after trip with as heavy a frame pack as I could carry to get him to the truck....but he sure ate good...:big_smile:

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Congrats on some excellent hunts. Great adventures, Id bet......

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for sharing your story, those are some great trophies. Were they DIY or guided?

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NICE PICTS THANX !!!

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good pics of a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    They were both DIY...the moose was about 40 miles from my house...was able to drive my jeep within about 200 yards of where he laid. On the dall hunt, I figured out where I wanted to hunt then I drove up the haul road(the road that follows the AK pipeline) and had a float plane pick me up at a lake along the road and drop me off where I wanted to go in the Brooks Range for 14 days. Here's a couple more pics of that hunt....it was august but one day it was warm and the next we were getting snowed on but it was fun....was glad to see the plane after 2 weeks...:big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    both nice animals especial that doll sheep what a beautiful animal and so much fun to hunt