hungry

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by lfeduccia, Sep 4, 2008.

1. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have to ask who here eats fish out of white river?
    I see signs posted up that state do not eat more than this many of this type of fish. I am to scared to eat a fish out of there, and used to believe that getting them from private and pay lakes was better, but I have just come to find out that most pay lakes get their fish from white river and that worries me. Is it safe to eat fish any where in the river?

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know peole that eat them but I just choose not too... But if you do. I would recommend eating small portions. Just dont eat it everyday..

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that is a choice you have to make brother. do some reading on the net about fish consumption for you and your family.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Eat smaller fish from these areas. Larger fish have higher mercury levels.
    BB in SC

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hungry, I didn't know what hungry was until I started dieting. My stomach growls constantly. Seems to be working though, I actually bent over and tied my shoes last Monday. First time I had been able to do that in over two years. LOL Guess if I get really, really hungry, I could start eating fish. LOL

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Honestly, I just don't get why anyone would go through all the trouble to clean fish when there's a Long John Silver on almost every corner and 5 bucks will buy all you can eat with hush puppies, fries, cole slaw and even a coke... *PLUS* you don't have to worry about contamination. Like I've said before, I just ain't never been THAT hungry
    Catfish In Indiana rivers will make ya glow in the dark... if you gotta eat something you catch, eat bass:wink::smile2:

7. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    You have got to be jok'in. LJS has nothing on my lemon smoked catfish. I got some special herbs and sliced lemons spreed all over on two racks and smoked for eight hours. It just melts in your mouth and well melt you down to your bones. So LJS may be good or batter deep but that is it.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Honestly....if I had to eat long john silvers fish.....I would probably stop eating fish all together man. Cleaning fish is no trouble at all! Also if your fish is cooked properly and you eat the smaller fish...there is actually no health risks at all. It is the larger fish that have more toxins in them anyway. Theres no resturaunt in the world that compares to fresh caught, cooked , catfish fillets. Just my opinion though...........LOL:smile2:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Bill Long John SIlvers sells Pepsi's not Coke. So with your five dollars you can have all that you said, but it would not buy you a coke as well...lol :smile2: And besides if you are going to eat fish, eat your more tasty panfish like crappie bluegill and redear...now thats some good eaten!!!

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Really don't matter to me anyway 'cause I don't like fish or pepsi... I'm a chicken/steak and Dr Pepper person....:big_smile:

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good thing long john silvers has chicken and dr. pepper then huh :wink:

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ahh yes, the chicken and shrimp combo's... brings back
    bachelor memories... that, and Domino's pizza's with cheese sticks!

13. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    My grandma and aunt just flew in from Washington State. They were asking if I had any fish for them before they even got on the plane. I caught my first fish on her farm. It was a beautiful 12" rainbow. My grandpa had to lift me up so I could watch her frying it up. Tomorrows menu: Catfish, crappie and sauger. I even like fishy beer.

"HUNGRY" does not even describe it.

Attached Files: