Humongous Monster Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dcaruthers, Jul 4, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I want to catch one and not have the line break. Please go chime in on Aaron's line question. Thread (Berkley Big Game IGFA Class)

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    We all wont to catch the big one.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would nor want to use the line class line, It;s supposed to break at it's stated rate..Berkly big game usually breaks at a higher than it's rated strength...I have never had a fish break mu line, and Ihave caught them up to 50-lbs..If you use fresh line and have you draged adjusted so the fish can take libe, you will have very few breakoffs, unless they are taking you into snags.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    p-line has a breaking point of 40 % better than most but be careful with the knots.

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Had had good luck with berkley big game and braided line, withe nod going to braided line, but that is just me.

6. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    i use BBG on all my rods except my UL because they don't make an ultralight line in 4lb test... never had a fish break off unless i wasn't paying attention and had massive abrasions on the line...

and all it takes is fresh line, matched gear (for the line and itself) and the drag set right... maybe some really good boat handling too...

also if you want to set a lineclass record check out the records... most are over 40 for channels and except for 3 that i know of all are over 70 for blues...

just takes time, and luck...