Hummingbirds - Info & Sighting Map

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, May 3, 2009.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I know many of you enjoy these awesome little birds as much as I do so I thought I would share a great site for info, videos, nesting pictures and a current migration map with you.

Just go to www.hummingbirds.net/index.html and look around.

We have had hummers around for nearly two weeks now, along with another of my favorites - Evening Grosbeaks. The grosbeaks don't stay here but at least we see them a week or so each spring and fall as they migrate....

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks Barb, have used this on their page last few years, about time for them to start heading in around here, well IF spring would ever get here that is LOL.....

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    They just showed up yesterday Barb, here in the nose of Eastern Iowa. Saw one at one of the pink flowering crabs. They will be here by the dozens as we progress. My wife Nancy loves the little critters and we will wind up feeding them pounds of sugar water before it is over.

They have a special personal meaning to me. Someplace, archived, I got a story about them as they relate to me.

Enjoy them, they ain't here for you but they sure make being here a little better.

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the site Barb. We had our first hummers in late March here in north GA. About 10 days earlier than last year!

A Blue Grosbeak was our surprise visitor this Spring!

5. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    seen the first one here in northern Okla. friday may 1st:cool2:

6. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    When I was a kid we caught one in a net and let it go in the house. My mom was not impressed. lol

7. mobigcat

mobigcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Saw our first one May 1st. We really enjoy them. Feed lots of them.:smile2: