Hummingbird help

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by beetle, May 18, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm having a problem and hope maybe someone here can give me some advice. My pontoon boat came with a fish finder mounted already from the dealer. It works fine when I'm not running too fast say around 2000rpm but when I speed up it starts giving crazy depths and then the screen goes blank except for the temp reading. When I slow back down it will work again. The bracket is one of the kick-up type if you hit something and I thought maybe that happened. When I got it on the trailer it was locked in fine. Though it does have some movement in it. Could it be vibrating enough to give off a false reading at faster rpm's or does it need adjusting? Any ideas would be helpful. Its the Piranha 220 model.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    low power maybe

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have a toon, the rear is "boxed off" with a plate to mount transducer. I had to keep pulling mine lower and lower until it stayed in better water, when up to high it kept get wash from under the toon. it is mounted lower than any I have run on a boat but does work fine now. only problem is I have used the kick back function more than I like. :big_smile: but I take my dock poll and push it back down and keep going.

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Jerry, that's kinda what I was thinking but was not sure because it looked plenty low enough. I am going to try taking it down lower and see if that helps. Thanks...