Hummingbird 997 sci

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by slider, Aug 22, 2007.

1. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    was just wandering if that unit is really worth all that money hard to part with 2000 but need some input from some guys that fish the river to see if it works good in the river any info would be good thanks

2. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Super cheap Cuda 168 about $70 at basspro. Have used it on my kayak in the ocean pacific, Rivers, creeks, and lakes.
    All you need it if for structure and as a fish finder. i have a Etrex gps that also works great. Both have been underwater plenty of times when Im screwing around

3. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't even own a boat but for that money it better reel'em in for you. On the other side generally in the fishing world if you do your research like you are doing you get what you pay for. Good luck with you choice.

4. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    already have a lorance 480 lms got gps and all just curious about the side imaging i understand you get a better view just wodering how it works in the river

5. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    The more I have gotten used to mine, the more I believe it is best and most important investment on my new boat. It takes awhile to read it properly, but it gives you a big time different perspective of whats down there. This setting is what I generally run it on. There is also a Yahoo Group forum dedicated to this model. There are a ton of guys on there that have a lot more experience and knowledge than me on this unit. Heres a pic from the Missouri River in KC.

Attached Files: