Hummingbird 525....

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Stumpknocker2, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I am getting a hummingbird 525 for Christmas, does any one have any feed back on them, maybe some pros and cons. And are they easy to mark fish with? Thanks, Glenn.

2. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have the 565 and would not trade mine. It marks fish and baitfish great. Easy to set up and use.

3. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I purchased one of these at the end of September 2006. I still haven't gotten it setup right. Not sure what the problem is, probably transducer installation. Should have some time to take a look at it this weekend or next. Good luck with yours and let me know what kind of use you get out of it.

4. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    You mean to tell me no one has had any dealings with a Hummingbird 525? Feedback ANYONE..

5. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Thanks guys for the input. Any other takers...?

6. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I have that unit and I have really enjoyed using it. I like knowing the depth and what the bottom looks like. It has helped me a lot by finding holes, edges, and drop offs, also probably saved me problems when I was getting too shallow. As far as marking fish I can't say it has helped, but I have a lot to learn. I want to raise mine up higher to see it better when I'm on the move. There probably better units out there but it's a good unit for the money. I'd sure miss mine if something happened to it.

7. mcal762

mcal762 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hello,
    i have the 525 its good for the money, however, if you have the money spend the extra and get the one with the GPS and charts on it. The only issue with mine is that when i get over 20kts the screen goes crazy, i guess that caviatation is causing that, i moved to transducer three time and still have the same problem. any ideas.
    Thanks,
    Mcal

8. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I also have the 525 and found something strange about the fish at the lakes that I've been fishing. Seem ALL the fish in these lakes swim to the left! no matter what direction I turn my boat they still swim to the left! But I still like playing with all the buttons

9. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I just got the 525 this week and took it out on the lake yesterday. I like it so far. I found alot of fish with it. Too bad I didn't catch any of them..LOL!! I wish I could've got one with the dual beam, but they didn't have any at wally world

10. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I just got one in the mail for my birthday today. Am installing it now and if the weather is not too bad tomorrow I will have it out on the lake trying it out.

11. jc4thecross

jc4thecross New Member

State:
    Tn.
    I own two 525's one on a Pontoon boat and one one a stratos they are very good units the are very good for showing drop offs. ledges, holes, brush , bait fish, ect.
    I do not plan on changing or replacing them, hope this helped you some.
    James (JC)

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i got the 525 a couple years ago and really liked the big screen, worked very well and never had a problem, i just took it off (even tho it worked great) and upgraded to the humminbird matrix 3-D, shows 3-D images of bottom, split screen gps, i'll keep the 525 as a backup.:wink: