hummingbird 525

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by catoon, Feb 17, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i just got my income tax i bought me a gallon of rum and a new hummingbird 525 fish finder any one have any tips or tricks they would like to share

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Let us know how the 525 works.

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Mix the Rum with coke in a glass of ice. That's the way I like it:smile2:

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    give me the rum and you hook up the 525 so we can fish:wink::smile2:

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Hey Rich. The ol'lady bought me a Humminbird 525 last month as well. Got 2 new batteries sitting in the hallway. Have'nt had the chance to install it on the boat yet, been to cold. Thinking about hooking it up and playing with it in demo mode. If you learn a few tips and tricks on it, be sure to send me a PM.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Figure out how to use/install the 525 before you get in to the bottle, or else everytime a seagull flies over your boat you'll think it's a fish.....:wink:

7. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    well i finally hooked up my fish finder today.i had a cheap hummin bird now this one has alot of things to set .any one have any tips i could use.thks

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i had a 525 and liked it very much, i always used mine in the auto mode, the only adjusting i ever did was i bumped up the chart speed, other than that these units are very easy to use, basically just turn it on and your ready to go, when ya press the view button and the smaller box comes up on the right side of the screen, that screen is showing what is directly under the boat, these are nice easy units to use, and another tip is when using these is to have the manual with you just incase ya have any questions, you'll like it:wink: