Hummingbird 525 tech question

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by unclebear174, Sep 13, 2006.

1. unclebear174

unclebear174 New Member

State:
    ky
    How do I get my depthfinder to show archs for the fish. I have messed with several different functions and fish still appear as clouds. I do not want the fish symbols to appear but it is difficult to see the fish on the bottom. Any suggestions?

2. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't have the answer, I'm hoping someone replies as I have the same problem with a new Eagle fishmark 320 I just bought. I see lot's of blobs on it but the only place I have seen any arches on it is on the Ohio River. I have fiddled with the settings but still have not gotten the thing dialed in.

3. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I am not an expert by anymeans but I do know where you can find an excellent tutorial http://www.hookedoncatfish.com/ also look for any post by Tim Lange concerning depthfinders or sonars. He has several great posts on here that together should answer any of your questions.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Do not have that model. But Humminbirds do not show them as easy as others. But they will do it. But to show an arch the fish has to go through the cone. And your setting has to be right.
    Now I now this is not what you would like to hear. but just play with it on the water until you get it right.
    I get them to show my my Humminbird 987c Si but it took a while. And still not there but I am working on it every time out.
    To set one up right. Go to play with it not to fish. AS if your fishing you will not do as good setting it up as just out for the depth finder.
    Also does the manual show anything at all on the settings to show arches?

Pete

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky

i have a 525 , it shows fish as fish . it wont show an arch . but you can lighten or darken the screen with the contrast function , if you look real close you will see fish on the bottom they usualy have the depth number with the fish . i personaly like the fish veiw iv used it for several months and caught good fish check photo gallery under vlparrish photo's hes my brother and posts all my fish and his too . anyway the 525 does mark fish takes time to get used to but it works non the less

6. dg775577

dg775577 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks oldprowler for the link, that told me alot. Looks like I have been seeing fish with the finder and did not know it. I am glad to hear everyone's take on this, I thought something was wrong as I was not seeing arches all the time.