hummingbird 525 fish finder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by dlongmo, Aug 7, 2009.

1. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Are the 525 fish finders any good?

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I had a 535 for a while at the bow that seemed to work just fine for the MO river, but can't say for sure about the 525. That was also about 3 or 4 years ago. I've had a few Humminbird products over the years, from el cheapo garage sale find to the 997 I have now, and all have fit the bill for what they were made to do. Then again, so have all the Eagles and Lowrances too.

3. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I saw them on sale is why i was asking. Are they trustworthy? If it says a school of fish are there are they there? I guess thats the magic question for all the fish finders.:eek:oooh:

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Most any name brand depthfinder on the market today will show the fish, it's just how much you wanna see. As the price goes up, so does the separation, the pixels, and the clarity in turbid waters. The only difference I see in the catalog vs my old 535 and the 525 is the max watts and pixels. Naturally, more pixels means better picture, but the wattage on the 525 is plenty sufficient for MO waters. As a starter fishfinder, I feel you would be satisfied with the 525.
    Most of what you get out of it anyways will depend on how well you interpret all those little blacks marks on the screen. Being able to tell the difference between hard and soft bottom, weeds or brush, fish or bait, will make all the difference in how efficiently you use the data.

5. illinoiscatfish

illinoiscatfish New Member

State:
    illinois
    i run the 525 on the back of my boat for depth. i run the 798 on the front of my boat. u are paying for what u get. if u got the money i would go with the 798 side image u cant go wrong. the more money u spend on ur electronics the happier u will be. :big_smile: