Humminbird Transducer

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by dhogue, Feb 13, 2008.

1. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Hell all BOC members, this is where I installed my transducer, remember I have a 15 degree V transome. The boat is not straight it's at an angle.

Attached Files:

2. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Sorry folk's forgot my O in Hello.

3. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    have you tried mounting anything on the left side of the motor i used to have mine on the left side but i kept losing the bottom with the sonar when ever i came to full speed i just remounted the transduser on the right side to see if it makes a diferents. I hope so!!

4. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Most transducer are installed on the right side of your outboard.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    You don't loose any signal to wash out or at high speed do you?

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    The side you install your transducer on is based on prop rotation. Typically the instructions say to mount them on the side the prop is rotating towards so it's not in the turbulence created by the water coming off the prop:wink:

7. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    i have tried both sides and stil lost signal at high speeds

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I take it you have not ran the boat with it mounted?
    Looks like its way to low in the water. and will cause it to spray water on your motor and even pull water back into the boat that way.
    Also if you hit anything its gone.
    Good luck/
    pete

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey "Fisherman with No Boat" (still milking that pity thing, LOL!!!!)

Devlyn has stated before that he gets good high-speed readings and actually with the angle of the hull his inboard side of the transducer is right at the edge of the transom.

Those of us with a 3 degree hull, however are going to have to mount the transducer way down low if we ever hope to get a high speed reading due to trapped air in between the strakes. Hopefully the kick up bracket will save it.:eek:oooh:

I am going with two tranducers into the new Humminbird Y cable to relegate the 2d duties to a smaller puck, and the gigantic si puck will only be for side imaging at slow speeds. Hopefully that will work out.:big_smile:

10. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Just remember this transducer rides 1/4 below the bottom of of transome tilt that is, But be vary careful when you around wing dikes and rocks, you can damage this transduce becasue it sits alittle below the bottom, if you are running and still loosing the bottom check to make sure the transducer did not tilt up. Make sure you get the download from Humminbird for your model.