Humminbird platnium ID

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by MadKater, Nov 29, 2005.

1. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    anyone have one of these? and if so how do you like it? i just bought one to use as a backup to my eagle but it didnt have any wires with it except for the transducer,it is missing the temp,speed and power wires but i have them on order rite now.....is it a very user friendly ID and does anyone know where i might beable to get ahold of a manual for it? thanks

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Madkater, my dad's got one and heres the funny thing, he's got everything for it EXCEPT the transducer..... :sad: Anyway, we have not got to use it yet, still working on fixing the boat. But I got it from a yard sale for like 25 bucks....never know what you'll find at a yard sale, ebay, flea market, etc.

good luck :)

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lol that is a kicker..i bought mine for 25 bucks also....i seen where you can get a transducer for it if im thinking rite i think it was around 30-40 bucks,ill search for the link again and ill send it to ya.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :eek: wow what a coincidence......and yeah send me that link, I need it bad.
    I appreciate that man, have a good one! :)

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I used to have one, nice unit in it's day! I may still have the owners manual stashed away somewhere. If so, I'll pm you for your mailing address! ;)

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    good deal! thanks man :)

7. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Madkatter, I had a platinum ID that was on my old boat and I kicked myself for letting it go when I sold it. It was my first depthfinder and I never had any trouble with it. I was fishing tournaments with it and if it showed a big fish on the bottom, You had better stop and catch it. You have got a good depthfinder there. Lots of luck, Vern