Humminbird just kicked butt with new Down SI unit.

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by ShilohRed, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Been using my 987c-Si for this for years. I get lots of info from under the boat on mine. But this will make it easy for others to use this now.
    Pete
    ((Quote
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Humminbird® Expands Innovative Sonar Offerings
    With the Addition of Down ImagingTM
    Highly Popular "Side-to-Side" Picture-Like View Now Includes View Below the Boat

EUFAULA, Ala. (Sept. 28, 2009) - Expanding on an impressive list of sonar capabilities, Humminbird® announces the addition of Down ImagingTM Sonar to its groundbreaking Side Imaging® technology.

"Humminbird's goal continues to be to provide anglers with the most innovative technology and Down Imaging is the next step in that process," said Dale Logue, product manager for Humminbird. "Adding Down Imaging to Side Imaging, and our new SwitchFireTM Traditional Sonar, the opportunity to find highly productive fishing spots is unprecedented."

Like Humminbird's innovative Side Imaging Sonar, which revolutionized the marine electronics industry, Down Imaging presents picture-like images of the bottom. Down Imaging views are focused directly beneath the angler's boat, giving a detailed look at structure and the water column. Down Imaging and Side Imaging together give anglers an incredibly detailed, full 180° view of the bottom.

Split-screen viewing options provide the ability to view Side Imaging, Down Imaging and SwitchFire Sonar separately, in groups of two, or all three at once.

"Humminbird created an entirely new category with Side Imaging, and now Down Imaging uses that same technology to give anglers an advantage like no other," said Logue.

A free software upgrade to add Down Imaging will be available in January to current owners of Humminbird models with Side Imaging (except 797c2 SI) by simply registering their product at Humminbird.com. No new hardware or transducer is required. All new Side Imaging models (998c SI and 898c SI) come standard with Down Imaging capabilities, with existing models (1197c SI and 798c SI) adding the feature as a running change in 2010.

For more information visit humminbird.com, contact Humminbird, 678 Humminbird Lane, Eufaula, AL 36027, or call 800-633-1468.

Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics LLC consists of the Humminbird, Minn Kota and Cannon brands. Humminbird® is a leading innovator and manufacturer of fishfinders, fishfinder/GPS combo units, chartplotters, marine radios and digital depth gauges. Minn Kota® is the world's leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of battery chargers, Trim Tabs and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ))

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    thats great, cant wait til january:big_smile:

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Thanks Pete.
    As my wife says, there is always something Bigger, Badder and Better just around the corner. It's cool that it's a free upgrade; don't have to use any BBB credits to get it...W

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Its even going to cover my old 987c-SI this time around. That is if it last through The winter.:wink:
    Looking forward to it. When you have the best why look at other makes that's not near as good as the humminbird SI units.
    Pete

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am in love again.. :smile2:

6. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    OooWee, that's gonna make some happy anglers! :wink:

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Humminbird came thru for it's old customers. Instead of something new to buy, they didn't $#it on us and now we can upgrade without spending a fortune for the latest "bells and whistles".

Thanks Humminbird.

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Lowrance and Navionics can use some lessons in that area. I pay $140 for Navionics chip, when they have an upgrade they will give me $50 for it if I buy another chip for $140. hope I never need anything else from them:angry:

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Another reason that makes me think HB and Lowrance struck a deal together. Although it hasnt hit the market yet, Lowrance anounced the down imaging ability of their side imaging Structure Scan months ago.

10. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I wish they would hook up and and make a fishfinder:big_smile: one that can tell what kinda fish it is and if it's hungry. Side image and structure scan are real innovations but not that much has changed since they went from flashers to this style sonar.
    I would like one...( I think lowrance already has something like it) that would record everything it sees everywhere I go on the lake. and build up a map that I could then load on computer, fish and all and look at the "big picture":big_smile:

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Wow, this is great news. I just happened to stumble across this post and i am sure glad I did. Thanks alot. Me and my 997 are very happy.