Humminbird fish finder help

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by kickin_wing, May 29, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive got a humminbird fishfinder and i havent had any problems with it until about a week ago it started acting up. Ill turn it on and every once in a while it will shut off if i hit a wave or start the motor, and then it wont turn back on for a while. Some times it will turn on and sometimes it wont. It makes me mad when im trying to mark a track on my gps and them in the middle of my track it turns off and i lose my track. Any suggestions? :0a35:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check your connections. Could be something loose. You may have to send it in for repair. There may be some type of internal relay that is shutting down to protect your unit from bigger problems.:lol::big_smile:

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive checked the connection to the batery and it seems fine, and the connection to the screen where the whole unit plugs in is fine. So i dont know whats going on, i might call the company and ask them about it.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes check the wires. That is what was wrong with all of mine when they would do that.
    Pete

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks guys. I think i found the problem it was a loose connection seems to work and run now.