HumminBird announces COOL NEW feature...

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by SkipEye, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Coming Dec. 1st, 2008. I am saving my money to buy the receiver.:big_smile:

Real Time Satellite Radar...... How cool is that!:cool2:

#1- We will be incorporating a satellite weather feature into our units for 2009. The process works as follows:

Humminbird will offer a custom receiver to receive a service called “XM NAVWEATHER”. This receiver will sell for approx $249 and be available through normal Humminbrd retailers. You will then get a subscription for this weather service through XM. The cost of the service is a $15 initiation fee and $9.95 per month. The subscription is a month by month subscription with no long term commitments. For example you can have the service for the summer months when you are running the boat and then have it turned off during the winter time. Whether or not you will have to pay the initiation fee when you have it turned back on is still under negotiations so you will have to check for more details as we draw closer to launch. The expected release of this is December 1st 2008. This service will work with any 700,900 or 1100 unit that is color and is a chartplotter. It will provide a graphic images of the rain, fog, lightning strikes, wind, weather alerts overlayed on top of the chart page of the fishfinder. The one important detail is that the data stops at the U.S. borders/ coastline. The data will not appear off shore (over Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific etc). Also in the North the data stops at the U.S./ Canadian border. Lake Michigan is completely covered but others aren’t fully covered as some portions of the lakes are in Canada.

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I wonder if Kutter will buy one. :smile2:

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    From what i'v read about kutter, he doesn't need one,lol.
    It's raining right now and i'll bet you kutter's out on the water somewhere.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It is so nice so many are so concerned about me.
    Seth, no. (For one, $$$$)

Kenny, You were on a roll, then blew it. Yes, I do not need one, I can look up an if my face gets wet, it's raining. No, I am not out fishing right now. While I do think fishing is better when the day is overcast and a slight rain is falling, I would not not purposely go out fishing in the rain. Sorry, I was raised to not stand out in the rain, try it sometime. LOL

Alas, my vacation is ending today. As predicted, I fished 4 days with no rain. I had a great time with good friends. The fish could have cooperated a tad better, but at least I was able to get my name off the skunk list. I was also able to get my avitar changed, even if it doesn't show a good fish in it.

Due to picking/snapping/blanching beans every day for 3 hours and the corn about to come in, my fishing will be interrupted for a few weeks. Keep me posted how your all doing.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good 'ol Humminbird back at work taking the fisherman's hard earned dollar. You almost have to take out a second mortgage to afford their stuff.

Now I need to add this real time weather service to my wish list, along with the 997c. Great. Just great.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Kutter's right about the look up if you face get's wet then it's raining part. As far as fishing in the rain, well I didn't buy my rain suit for nuffin! :cool2:

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LOL! Let me know how your lightning suit works too.:smile2: This thing also shows lightning strikes on the map. Just another tool to be better informed on the water and the ability to make a better decision about when it might be time to head for the ramp. Is it a small band of weather bearing down on you that will last 15 minutes or is the mother of all storms heading your way?

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    My weather service is alot cheaper.. My wife just calls and tells me she bought alot more insurance on me since the storm that is brewing has alot of lightening and strong winds.. Also that she will miss me dearly but she'll have fun spending the money..

10. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas

where did u find this info?? i looked all over their webpage and could not find anything

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Skipeye has inside info when it comes to the sattellite stuff.. hehehe

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Give it another few years and the transducer cable will have a USB connector at the end of it. You'll buy just the transducer and the software, install the software on your "ruggedized" waterproof laptop, set it on the console, and plug the 'ducer cable into it. Satellite internet and sonar all in one, and the only limitation on size of display will be what you want to pay for the laptop.:wink:

If I were the sonar manufacturers, that's what I'd do. You could charge almost as much for the transducer and software as you could for the entire unit AND you're out of the majority of the hardware business. Can you imagine the amount of money they'd make and how cool that would be?

13. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    next time we see brandon he will be on the cover of forbes magazine.

wait just like good ol bill gates did ill get there first thanks for the idea brandon !!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

i truely think you are on to somthing brandon .

if you get rich i would make a good gilliegen and bait your hooks for ya and lift the anchor all night !!!!

or we could have a fleet of guide boats :wink: