Humminbird 787 C2 or Eagle Fish Elite 500c

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by bubbasmouse, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I can get a Humminbird 787 C2 or a Eagle Fish Elite 500c for the same price about $450. The Humminbird looks better on paper with features and performace. Just wondering if anyone has used either one.

2. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the 787C2 and love it. I doubt that you can do better for the money anywhere.

I have a station mounted on the console of my boat along with the GPS reciever. This station is connected to a dual beam transducer mounted on the transom. I also have a second station mounted on the bow with a trolling motor mounted quadrabeam transduced connected. The GPS reciever is connected to both stations and I can easily move the unit to whichever station I want.

This system is just awesome for me and I love it.

3. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    thanks for the reply bigun12. How much difference is there between the dual beam and the quadrabeam and which do you like better. My wife was in Fort Myers FL visiting her grandmother and went by West Marine and they had the Humminbird 787C2 on sale for $449, so she got it for me.

4. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great! I'm VERY sure that you will fall in love with this unit if you will take the time to learn to use it properly.

Both transducers are fine. The quadrabeam lets one take a look at a LOT more bottom with a single pass and one of the great features of this unit is that you can use the exact beam that YOU want for the current situation.

There are times when you will want to use the entire width of the quadrabeam (such as when looking at new territory or searching for something specific) and other times you will want a narrower beam with much finer detail (200khz). You have the capability to instantly pick with this unit. The same is true with the dual beam but you will never be able to see as wide a strip with the dual beam as you can with the quadra.