Humminbird 565

Discussion in 'Boating' started by snooker_hooker, Oct 15, 2006.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    does anybody have one? any info would be great. thanks

2. e5catfish

e5catfish New Member

State:
    Smilax, KY
    I've got a 565 with speed and temp and love it. Not still sure if I can find the thermocline with it.

3. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    i got 1 and still working on tuning it for me. i am having a problem at anything over 20 mph. i like the unit though.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Nick, those transducers are really sensitive to the bottom of a boat like yours. The flat bottoms, and the strakes or whatever they're called on the bottom can cause interference due to air entrainment and such. You may have to lower the transducer on the transom in order to get it to read well at high speeds. Sometimes it's almost impossible to get a good reading on those type hulls at high speed. Read over the installation instructions, or do a search on the forum, and play with the adjustment a little. :smile2:
    I have a 14' duracraft, and the only way to get hi-speed readings is to lower it further down, but that isn't good in the river where I usually fish it, due to sandbars and logs, so I just slow down to about 2/3 throttle or slower when I want to use it.

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a 565 also and I have lowered my transducer 1" below bottom of boat and it still goes wacky at speeds over 20mph. I have tuned everything different ways and cant get it to do right at higher speeds. Remember that they wont do as well in really muddy water anyway(2000 watts) and at Extreme depths.40-80ft. I have mounted on right side of transom(motor turns clockwise at prop)inbetwen ribs on bottom of boat. I really like the unit so far, and if you think about it, its hard to look for holes and struture doing 40mph(to me anyways)

6. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    i know but they say 70 mph. they just say that in a perfect world. do you all use the fish id or not. i dont like it i slow my chart speed down to 1/2 and sensitivity up and i can pick up stumps. thats how i found the fish.

7. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    no fish id, I have been told that it cuts down on your power to your sonar. Look for arches.