Humminbird 565 question

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by fishhead456, Aug 19, 2008.

1. fishhead456

fishhead456 New Member

State:
    trumansburg,ny
    I bought this unit last year for lake trout fishing...I have had others with the same unit tell me they can track a jig to the bottom and see the trout chase the jig up or down....Either mine wouldn't do it or I am not setting it correctly..:embarassed:

If any of you guys have this unit and can track jigs,can you please tell me what I am doing wrong..This is the unit with 2 cones off the trans..20 and 60 degree...Thank you very much....Or maybe point me into the right direction..

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a 565 as well, its a decent finder for under $200.00 but doesnt have enuff wattage at 2000 watts peak to peak to pick up the lines, bait, and see fish move on your bait. From what I have been told, you need at least 4000 watts peak to peak in order to see what you are looking for. About the cheapest and best qaulity sonar in the 4000 watt range from what my friends tell me is the Lowrance X-135. BigA and Billcatfish both have X-135's and seem to like them. It will probably be my next sonar I buy. Good luck.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for this valuable info

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have a 565 and it don't show none of that.LOL
    the only thing mine finds with any precision is the bottom.:smile2:

5. fishhead456

fishhead456 New Member

State:
    trumansburg,ny
    :confused2:will,I guess I will have to get another one then...Hate to spend the bucks,but it goes to show.You get what you pay for...Thanks for all your replys...Guess the 565 will go on E BAY then.....

6. fishhead456

fishhead456 New Member

State:
    trumansburg,ny
    Well,I just met a fellow at the lake and he has the same unit as I do, the 565...He can see his jig down to 100 foot...He is going to show me how to set it up to do this.One thing he mentioned,was to have the fish ID off and just use the sonar..So this week end I will see what mine does as well....

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Please let us know what you find out.

8. BUCK

BUCK Guest

adjust your noise filter up . you well see alot of noise at to top of you screen but you will see a 1/2 oz jig when you move it up and down at 20 feet . the higher you go the deeper you will see your jig