Humminbird 565 Fishfinder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by brother hilljack, Jul 22, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Need some help. I am going to put a fishfinder on the front of my boat/trolling motor. How many people have the Humminbird 565 and what do you think of it.

Also I would be willing to accept any recommendations for other models that are in the same price range.

Thanks in advance!

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Shane, I had a 565 on the old boat. It worked pretty good. I opted for a color combo unit with SI on the new one. The only problem I had was a moisture seal on the head, sent it back and had it returned, repaired within about 4 days. The 565 has a little less wattage than I wanted, but overall it did what it was suppose to do. I normally fish water less than 100' deep, so it wasn't a big deal.

3. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    i currently own a 565 and it's pretty good for the money imo,havn't had any problems yet and i've had it for bout 6 months. it shows under water debris pretty well and seems to be acurate, i have taken it over places where i knew there was log jams and stuff of that sort and it has always been acurate:0a26:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all the help. There is no way to get this kind of honest feedback anywhere else. Much appreciated

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have a 565 portable. I rigged the transducer up on a clamp for easy hook up on different boats. Mine works really good. I fish fairly shallow water a lot and the 20/60 transducer works out well for that. I think its a great unit for the money..... Good luck.