Humidity

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by LarryE, Jul 15, 2006.

1. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    How much (if any) does Humidity affect cats?

We went yesterday trying to catch some gills for bait and only caught 4, the humidity was 100%

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    100% humidity...? isn't that called rain...?:big_smile:
    It definitely effects the cats in my area... when the humidity is up, there's less chance of me harassing them from my post next to the A/C..:lol:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I wouldn't think the humidity does as much as pressure changes and the heat.

4. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    If high humidity caused a slow bite we would never catch anything here in North Carolina . At least not in the eastern half of the state. You can usually wring water out of the air during the summer !

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Yea I tried that, fishing next to the ac and thought I had a good one on. Screaming drag and found out I had hooked the wife and it was her screaming.

6. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    I don't think the humidity has an effect on the fish since they are already under water. ;)

However, humid air is usually warm, and warm air is less dense (and rises), so maybe it's a pressure difference with humid and dry air that effects the bite?

Of course, I live in KY, not Arizona (warm and dry) so maybe that's all wrong.