Humane society trying to stop youth hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathunter, Nov 10, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know if this has been talked about before..But I just heard on the radio where the humane society is trying to stop all hunting by youths under 16 years of age..If they succeed they will stop a whole generation from knowing the joy of hunting..I hope they lose!

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Oh thats just plain crazy. What will the try next.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bleeding Hearts........ :cursing:

I think we should pass a law that says people like that can't reproduce!

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I have a better idea lets have an open season on them.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Humane Society...hmmm, is that one of those groups that supports groups that support euthanasia for the pet population when they can't find homes for them after a set length of time?
    Maybe I'm wrong, or biased.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida

that dont sound like the humane society that sounds more like peta,they are the ones trying to make it hard on passing the outdoorsmanship down to our kids... :cursing:

7. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can't wait to see how they would handle a grizzly bear population explosion or maybe a mountain lion invasion. Because I want to know how they will handle all these predators if we dont have a hunting season? Hope I live long enough to find out if they win.

8. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i agree with jfinch, sounds more like peta (people for the ethical treatment of animals) they've all got the wrong view of everything. down here, my backyard is oak mountain state park, and its overrun with deer, so last year and this year they opened bow hunting for a limited # of days and to limited # of hunters. petas been out there every morning. they dont understad that not shooting deer in overpopulated areas is cruelty. they also dont understand that you shouldnt anger ppl with weapons. lol

actually, ive had a bunch of experince with those kind. i volunteer at the birmingham zoo, and several months ago susie, an old asian elephant passed away. so mona, her companion elephant was left all alone. elephant are basically humans in different bodies, they feel the same emotions, have the same social capability, and the ability to move on from something (like a companions death.) Mona had lived at the zoo since she was a baby, it is her home now. She was rather upset when susie died, but was better and eating in a day or two. peta rallied for her to be moved many miles away to an elephant sanctuary in tennessee. three times, the police were needed to remove them from the elephant enclosure, b/c they werent allowed to protest inside the zoo by law, and second, they were disrupting other visitors.

it may sound like a good idea to have mona moved. but a former director of the sydney zoo in australia wrote an editorial in the paper (he now lives in birmingham.) he said he had the same situation when he was director, an old elephant loses a companion (mona is also old) and he decided to have her moved from her home of many many years to a sacntuary. but in the process of getting the elephant out of the exhibit and to her new "home," she died. it was simply too much stress for her old body to be moved from what she called her home. it would be no different with our elephant mona.

heres the crazy thing: one day while they were rallying in the parking lot (which they're allowed to do by law) they noticed a dog in a car. the owner nhad pulled up to the entrance to drop something off and would return quickly. the peta people broke into the car an let the dog run off. the owner returned seconds later, furious.

the peta ppl just dont understand, bunches of 'em are vegetarians too, not sayin anything bad about vegetarians, but these peta ppl just dont get it.

9. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    the peta ppl just dont understand, bunches of 'em are vegetarians too, not sayin anything bad about vegetarians, but these peta ppl just dont get it.
    [/QUOTE]

all a vegetarian is , is an old indian word for bad hunter...lol....

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that will be the day. taking kids hunting has been around for generations and will, be around for generations to come. many folks know theres nothing better that your kids first deer squirll ect. taking kids hunting and fishing is an american tradition. i bet they do't go to far in this battle.

11. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You by em books and send em to school but they still end up being IGNORANT!!!

What will it take for these people to realize that nature requires balance. If not for the hunting population, the shear numbers of game that would evolve,would either starve to death due to lack of enough food to support their over population, or die from the increase of disease. I guess the amount of monies that you and I spend each year to get out in the field that pays for some of the conservation efforts of all game species mean nothing at all.

Hunting game is part of our American,(HUMAN), heritage, something that is passed down by generation after generation. To stop our youth from having this opportunity of the outdoor experience and the education that goes with it, is just plain insane. I wonder how many of these ignorant people actually fund the U.S. conservation service and in what way?

I'm sorry to go on and such but this subject really infuriates me! :cursing:

12. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Folks that don't hunt or fish or trap have something wrong with them, it's a natural insticnt to hunt and kill, whether its a fish or animal. I cant stand peta people they dont even try to see it through our eyes. If you gave one a gun and let him bust a doe i bet you a bag of nickels he would have to lie to say it wasn't fun. Its just like armynavy said they wouldnt know what to do with a bad population explosion of animals, what would they do try and feed them tofue and talk things over, yea right them bears and cougars would make them supper and crap on there veggie specialties.

13. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    i think we would all be better if they just do what they do and we do what we do! what do they do

14. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Dang right! They do their thing and we do ours couldn't have said it better.

15. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    the only thing that we are doing is balancing the population and therefor if they can succeed to take that away then theyre turning around and doing the same thing. someone needs to tell them that if the balance isnt kep then they will over populate following with disceases and starvation if you ask me i would rather be shot then starve to death

16. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Naw,PETA would(and does)support a total ban for everyone.That would be a foot in the door for them,but they wouldn't be satisfied with that.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Get a rope... Sounds like that bunch. They killed 46 dogs here a few weeks ago. Took them from a couple. Telling everyone that the dogs were about dead. but I know the person that had to kill them. and just about every one of them were in good health. Just needed TLC>>
    PEte

18. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What I really want to know is if the government is really fighting terrorists then why is peta and organizations like them allowed to break into things, start riots, and other terroristic things that we wont even go into. Hmmm sounds fishy to me. P.E.T.A. (Protected Ethical Terrorist of America).

19. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Uh,I don't think they are allowed to.If they do it,and are caught,they would be treated like anyone else.

20. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    one interesting tidbit is that all the money sent in to conservation organizations like pheasants forever, ducks unlimited, and many others comes straight from purchases of hunting merchandise like mossy oak camo (look on the tag).

that, along with the money from purchasing liscenses more than triples the amount of money raised annualy by peta and non-hunting organiztions. us outdoorsmen are the ones saving the environment, not p.e.t.a.