hugh and randy heading out 12-28-07

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by RandyH, Dec 28, 2007.

1. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    anyone gonna be heading out today we will be trying out new rods and hooks just thought id ask

2. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Randy:

You two Wild men, get out there and tear em up; I bet you to are a pair to draw to. LOL Have Fun I gotta work. YUK

Gene

3. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Randy itching to get back on the river was there 21st & 22nd...got to many things to do around the house.....but have the trip with Capt Hugh on the 1/12...good luck...don't forget to let us know how you did today....

Jerry

4. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    it was kinda slow for us we only had 5 citations
    hugh had a 48 and a 64 ( makes me sick lol)
    i had a 38 and a 42 ( i tried )
    we fished hard we had alot of 20 - 29s but slow on citations
    i went out again yesterday for a few hours from 2pm - 5pm
    i have 8 fish but the biggest was 46.8 so we are heading out again to find these fat boys im getting in the truck. tight lines

5. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    sounds like a slow trip i need to have. hope to get up that way soon. and try to land some fat boys myself. are you going to share what kind of new stuff you were trying out? thanks for the report. james

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went on the 26th bad bad day! bite really slow going tomorrow the 31st going to try to hang in to some of those 40s 50s 60s:smile2: lol:0a23::0a32:

7. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey randy and hugh hey can you guys email me directions from the super 8 hotel to the boat ramp at dutch gap ?im just trying to get all my directions down before i come down in april. thanks

jim white cambridge, ohio

8. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Jim...not Hugh or Randy...but thought I would send you this link if you are staying at the Super 8 in Chester, VA on Southland Dr. Make sure to hit the F11 key after clicking so you can read the directions. It will read good if you print it out:

http://www.jerrywebbonline.com/james/james2/dutch_gap7.jpg

Jerry

9. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Slow for me = 0 which is a big fat zero...lol

Your slow day would be a great day for me...lol

But what can I say but.......justlearning

Jerry

10. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report guys can't wait to get back down there in febuary.Getthenet good to see another buckeye heading down to the James,this will be my fifth trip down so if you need any information email me.

11. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    We didn't have the luck they had but we didn't get skunked either. Went this wknd to Deep Bottom, caught ok bait, already had some. Didn't do much that morning, just learnig because of first trip. Around 2:00 started on some small ones 10 lbs or so, then the rod went down hard. Nice 33 lber. Rebait, 10 mins later, same rod, same hole, 31 lber. Not much size after that. Went this morning found a good hole and wore out the 10 lb range, then a nice 24 lber. Overall a pretty good first trip. Thanks for the tip guys. here are some pics of the 30's.

Attached Files:

12. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    werent you guys making bait on a boat call cat catcher or something like that

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good report Adam, and thanks for the pics. Was out Saturday, biggest was a 24.

Getthenet, not sure which Super 8 you're referring to. If it's the one across the street from Hooters, I would recommend against it. Kind of a run down joint. There was alot of in and out traffic the night I stayed there...makes me wonder if they do hourly rentals.:crazy: For about the same price, you can stay in the Comfort Inn right down the road from it on the left. Very nice motel, plenty of parking for your boat in the back(request a room facing the back so you can keep an eye on your boat), and they have a great continental breakfast. They charge extra if you go in with two people, so just go in by yourself and rent the room and say it's for one person.

14. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    the one on southland drive

15. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    sounds like a good hole you found sunday:smile2:,are you going to fish with us friday? I tried to get them to go sunday morning but they were trying to get over hooters:eek:oooh: come on and go with us friday and we'll make you have a change of heart 1bigblue:cool2:

16. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    Hey Barry, I'll probably go w/ ya'll, but I think I will stay w/ those Flatheads. Don't know much about the big water on Buggs. Hope you can me own the Blues like the James. I'll let Brian know for sure this week.

17. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah I can just bigger fish with no jumping around all day and no tidal water,but if they have lock jaw I can't help that,I'll wait to hear from brian we'll see ya 1bigblue:cool2: