Huge Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by xpressed, Dec 19, 2005.

1. xpressed

xpressed New Member

State:
    MO.
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, seen it pokin around today. Saw a pic of biggest flathead I have ever seen

2. xpressed

xpressed New Member

State:
    MO.
    Was trying yo go to this site and could'nt. You can PM me for the link

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    OK, post the photo here please.

I'm all eye balls.

<><Baitkiller><>

4. xpressed

xpressed New Member

State:
    MO.
    Baitkiller I tried and could'nt. As i told H2O. The site it was on has other guide services I guess in competition with BOC. Sorry about that Timotha7 I did'nt know. I PMd H2O and gave him the address. Also told him maybe he could post just the pic, I tried but could'nt do it, I'm old,but new born when it comes to computers. Timotha7 also told me he thought the pic was doctored I don't know, but I'm gonna do some diggin around and try to find out.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is the photo. I agree w/ others, I think this is "doctored". Have any of you seen the Lord of the Rings Docs? Peter Jackson is known for placing objects in an area where it causes the size to appear different. Notice where this man is stadning (behind & away from the fish), the fish appears to me to be hung much closer to the camera, am I right or just paranoid?

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That picture has been around for a long time..The guy is standing quite aways behind the fish also, which makes the fish look bigger.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Looks like some one cut and pasted it on this photo. Notice the floor below the fish, no water drops at all.
    Nice fish though.

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i'd agree that is doctored up........

9. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    It's the first time that I've seen it, but same conclusion. That fish is at least 4 feet closer to the camera, just a trick. Heck, I've done some good dark room stuff when I was younger, ever seen a helicopter landing on a womans palm??

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've always wondered why people have to lie or cheat when it comes to fishing (and hunting). To me it just doesnt make sense.

Oh yea, Flathunter...... Get Back To Work! I see the BOC isnt a blocked website huh? ;)

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    That photo has been on the B.O.C. website before and has been unanimously debunked by all!

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh, thanks Pennsylvaniacatchaser

13. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Definitely doctored. There are no shadows in the photo at all. Plus a fish that size would be famous! Especially here at the BOC.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I caught it, dont let em lie to ya. It was even bigger then the pic portrays. :p

15. retailredneck

retailredneck New Member

State:
    Richmond Va
    just look at the line the fish is hanging from ....also if you had a fish that big wouldnt you be somewhere with it other than your garage??? he also didnt practice C,P,R,

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    i'm by no means an photo expert but there is something funky about that pic, just doesn't look real. the fish is a monster flat by all means but its not as big as it appears in the photo.

Mellon, Perhaps the photo was doctored as a joke or prank among friends and eventualy made it way to the internet where it was presented as "real". who knows, who cares, it doesn't hold any water among "us" (theBOC). This kind of thing doesn't cast a good light on our sport. But whatcha gonna do??? "fish stories" have been around as long as fishing has. Some feel the need to lie or cheat to impress others.

There is no need to lie/decieve people with big catfish, They are ALL OVER this country for the catching. Just do Your time on the water and You'll catch one of these giants, they don't get that big by not eating. I feel that most state records for blue and flathead cats could be broken at any given time. There out there swimmin and eatin. Someone just has to activly seek these fish to catch them. I hope to hear news this summer of BOC members breaking state catfish records.

17. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Itll be me!!! :) ;) Last year i set a goal for myself and it was to break a state record for 1 of the 3 main species of catfish in IN within the next 5 years and i really want it to be for flathead.the current record has been standing for to long........dangit its my turn! lol :p

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Now thats what i'm talkin about!!!!!! Who else out there has a state record in there sights for the upcoming season? I know I do but the kansas falthead record is the world record so the bar is set pretty high, but not unreachable! I'm gettin My act together as we speak. gathering up new tackle, rods reels mods to My boat and new stratigies I plan to try out this spring!

19. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    That photo is on a website of a guide association on Santee-cooper lakes. They say it was caught on a trot line, but somebody is going to catch one like it on a R/R may it will be you. It's an advertising gimmick. They don't give a weight for the fish, but they tell who caught it and about where it was caught.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. seen it before. that fis is very close to the camera. ya can tell. it would be wet under the fish. it is but since its so moch closer to the cam ya cant see the floor directly under it.