Huffman dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Tank, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Tank

Tank New Member

State:
    Ohio
    any of you guys ever fished at huffman dam??? Im not even sure whats in the water up there but it looks pretty nice..any info please share

2. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    The carping is great. The lake is very shallow and the silt (mud) is very deep.

In the back of the park upstream from where the river enters the lake there is an old trolley bridge abutmunt in the river. The current is swift there but the hole around it is deep and rocky. Try there for channels and carp. I used to take the kids there and it was always good for lots of action for them.

3. Tank

Tank New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanx for the info...the channel cat was good there? I'm not much on carp but there fun...any other tips for huffman dam??

4. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Channels are allright. Drive 5 more minutes south on 4 and fish the Hydra bowl (Eastwood Lake) for channels.

5. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I have caught a few channels in Huffman Dam but not many and no size to them, I agree about the 5 minute drive south to Eastwood. Fish in the evening on bottom with chicken liver or shrimp for some nice channels(1-4#).

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the actual Dam on the river is going to be your best bet. its really deep and holds some hawg channels, havent fished there since i was a teenager though. the Dam used to be a popular spot for channels, rock bass, and smallies. dont know whats up with the Metro parks denying parking right there at the dam so you will have to park IN the park and walk up and over the Dam to get there. like the others have said, the lake is nothing but a mud hole.