Hudson river locke #6

Discussion in 'NEW YORK RIVER TALK' started by splitshot, Sep 23, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Has anyone done any catfishing around locke #6 on the Hudson? I would like to give it a try, but i could use some info.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Steve, do you have any other members up there in New York?? LMAO

You need to move down here to Ohio, we'll get some fishing done.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Tea as far as i know there are three other members from N.Y. but they haven't been on here for months. I don't know what the problem is I've tried sending them Pm's but i get no replies. My wife and i are seriously considering relocating down south when i go into full retirement. It really gets discourageing not being able to share info with anyone in my area. I have given out all my BOC cards and so far ive seen no new members in N.Y. :sad2: :sad2:

4. mrhookset

mrhookset New Member

State:
    New York
    Ive fished at lock 6 several times with my freinds and I never caught any catfish there. There are a few different places you can try. Right off the end of the basin on the left side my freinds have caught a few cattys on fresh chicken livers. I witnessed a 9lber, and he has even caught a 17lber there but I haven't had any luck personally. Go out to the end of the basin and cast to the left in front of the dock and boat. thats where some of them came from. You can also cast across just to the left of the other side there is a weed bed there and they caught a few there too. Im quite suprised that there are as many cats in the hudson as there are. Ive caught a number of catfish along west river rd, rte 4 schylerville, under the bridge where 4 and 32 meet, I even caughta couple at lock 5 11lber
    and 15lber on chicken liver. the catfish in my avatar is a 13lber caught at the boat launch in white hall fishing off the end using chicken liver. One more thing my freind Jeremy caught a 27lb 42 inch monster on west river rd over the summer thats huge for up here.

5. mrhookset

mrhookset New Member

State:
    New York
    Ive fished at lock 6 several times with my freinds and I never caught any catfish there. Although I did nail some nice smallies of the lock wall with a 3inch senko. There are a few different places you can try. Right off the end of the basin on the left side my freinds have caught a few cattys on fresh chicken livers. I witnessed a 9lber, and he has even caught a 17lber there but I haven't had any luck personally. Go out to the end of the basin and cast to the left in front of the dock and boat. thats where some of them came from. You can also cast across just to the left of the other side there is a weed bed there and they caught a few there too. Im quite suprised that there are as many cats in the hudson as there are. Ive caught a number of catfish along west river rd, rte 4 schylerville, under the bridge where 4 and 32 meet, I even caughta couple at lock 5 11lber
    and 15lber on chicken liver. Up until last summer I never fished the river for catfish. The only place I caught catfish other than that was lake champlain, where I caught my largest weighing in at 20#lbs. The catfish in my avatar is a 13lber caught at the boat launch in white hall fishing off the end using chicken liver. One more thing my freind Jeremy caught a 27lb 42 inch monster on west river rd over the summer thats huge for up here.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for the info Frank. i havent fished the Hudson, but would like to try it next summer. In early June ive had good luck fishing the canal in Fort Ann just across the bridge, but nothing bigger than 9 Lbs. I do most of my catting at southbay in Whitehall.

7. coreyfence

coreyfence New Member

State:
    new york
    Hello, everyone I've been doing some fishing at the top of the dam in S.G.F. and have reeled in some nice ones. 8- 10 lbers. The fun part is trying the get them up the 8 ft. wall you're stading on. I hammered a 3' extention onto the end of my net. Also, on Pruyn's island there are a few spots. Caught a 13 lber a couple of weeks ago.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Jay Welcome to the BOC. Thanks for the info, i had no idea you could fish from the dam in S.G.F. Where do you get on at? Ive often thought it would be a good place to fish for cats, just figured thier was no place to fish from. I do most of my fishing in Fort Ann, and Southbay in Whitehall.

9. coreyfence

coreyfence New Member

State:
    new york
    heading south you take a right at the light at end of bridge. Then take your first right after that and the road makes a "Y" take the left, you'll see a yellow railing on top of a short concrete wall. Right there. Cat off to the left side but watch out as some tree have floated down the river and lodgrd there. If you were to take the right of the "Y" it would bring you under the bridge. S.C.A. owns that, trying to get permission to fish down there. lots of good spots I hear.