Huddle by your window

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Kutter, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Huddle by your window, they is almost upon us. Sneak a peak out if you dare.
    Too late for you southerners, I know, but here in MO, we are about to be invaded. Seems like just a few months ago, we were able to fend them back to where they came from, now they are back for more.

http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Personally I'll be happy when they do show up.Love watching those little rascal.Man are they fast.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tom your more than just a rain maker i see. Thanks, I really enjoy the lil birds.

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for posting that. I've never had much luck attracting more than just one or two at a time, but maybe if I put a few more small feeders, I can bring them in.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Roxie, the males are so territorial that it is hard to have more than one. I found that if you place more feeders, out of direct site, it helps. Remember, not just sight of each other, but line of sight between where they sit an watch "their" feeder. On my half acre, I can only use 3 feeders because of this.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Even though I am far south, for some reason they really don't start hitting my feeders until End of July, Aug, Sep... Might have 1 or 2 all summer and then.. bam..in Aug and Sep there are 15????

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive had one for the last month and a half, I think it lost its compass last year. :cool2: