Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone grow Huckleberries? Just got some seed and plan to grow them this year. I love a pie made from them. A unique taste that is quiet different.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I was outside a little while ago an noticed my gooseberries grew babies galore over the winter. I know your askin about huckleberries but gooseberries aint too far from them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I was outside a little while ago an noticed my gooseberries grew babies galore over the winter. I know your askin about huckleberries but gooseberries aint too far from them.
I have never grown gooseberries, but i love them. Do you happen to know a place where i could get some starts or seeds? I can't find any. thx

·
Registered
160 Posts
awww man!! i love those huckleberries :big_smile: granny use to make jam outta them too....... it was a job picking enough for the task at hand ,...and have mercy if i ever slipped up and ate the first berry while picking them,id never get the bucket full then:roll_eyes: never tried to grow em though ,,..always picked em wild in the mountains ...

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I have never grown gooseberries, but i love them. Do you happen to know a place where i could get some starts or seeds? I can't find any. thx
Not sure where I got these, Stark Bro's maybe. I know there are many places online to order them from. They are fairly cheep compared to lots of plants.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
If you buy gooseberry plants buy the thornless ones. Makes picking a lot easier. I have one plant that i trim back every few years and I can get atleast 5 gal. a year. Thats a lot if stemen. LOL If you want more plants you can just bury the end of a limb stiil attached to the original plant and it will grow.
Any good ideas on stemen them? It's a pain in the b***!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Not sure where I got these, Stark Bro's maybe. I know there are many places online to order them from. They are fairly cheep compared to lots of plants.
www.gurneys.com

They have gooseberrys available among others. Sorry no huckleberrys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.