HR 45 Blair Holt

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Salthart, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I had to wonder if any of you had seen or heard about this bill ? You can google it etc and learn about it but I will post some of what I was told.

"
    To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.
    Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
    -It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison."

From what I can gather online this "Act" is dead in the water. We can only hope. But my reason for making such a post is in hope that our members will read and understand a few things.

The first being that this is an underhanded way of giving the government "Loopholes", Ways to circumnavigate our rights. EVEN if it is never made law, The fact remains that it was tried.

Something to think about. 3 planes attacked buildings on 9/11. How was this possible ? With all those people onboard ? Simple. Only the crooks had weapons. If every other American on those planes had guns/knives, the terrorist may have taken down the planes,Its hard to stop a man who is set on killing himself, But they'd have never taken out the buildings.

Other parts of this ? Kids getting hold of firearms ? How many kids kill themselves and others every year with automobiles ? Have you seen a bill wanted jail time for someone leaving their car keys within reach of a child ?

We all heard a great deal about "Gun control" after Columbine.. And yet the damage done with guns although tragic and horrible would have paled in comparison to what would have happened had the
    "Propane" bombs the killers made gone off..

How many bills have you seen trying to outlaw propane ? And whats going to happen when some kid gets it in his or her head to close a few valves and bypass a few switches on a boiler somewhere ? A smart person with a will to kill is a very scary person. They don't need guns to kill masses.

My point here being that our problem is not with guns. It is with criminals. SO WHY IS EVERYONE PICKING ON GUNS ?

Some people are closed minded. They can't allow that some people are evil. And some people want to take your right to defend yourself away from you. They will tell you things like "Thats what we have police for" BULL. Ask any police officer. He is sworn to protect the city, township, county, state or nation. Not you.

Do us all a favor.If you live where you can, Vote the man that tried to feed us this garbage out of office before he does some real damage. Watch whats being done by those in Washington and keep each other informed.

Just because a man says he is your friend don't mean he is.

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There has even been talk of Gun control in health care,,, as guns hurt people on the wrong end,,,,,,those dummies will try anything.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Typical bill from an Illinois Democrat.
    You can read about the bill here.

With the GREAT outcome of yesterdays election I highly doubt that bill ever gets off the ground. :victory:

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We are all guilty of electing people who we think will protect our rights and freedoms, and then not watching these same people. I don't know if it's an age thing or not, but I remember when in the 60's the Social Security program had so much money they couldn't spend it all. Now look at it. I think the politicians support gun control to protect themselves, when we finally find out how much they have stolen from us, WE THE PEOPLE are going to want to extract retribution from them. I feel that my 2nd amendment right is to protect myself and family from all people who wish to do me harm, invaders, and my own government.
    I still believe we have the best Government in the world, but nobody can take care of your business like you can, so watch out elected officials, and ensure they're agenda resembles yours, if not then exercise your right, and vote them out. Later Andy

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Last research I did on this it was dead in the water, but we got to make sure we all elect folks who won't vote for it.

I got an e mail about how the Austrians were taken over in the '30's part of it was due to "accidents" from firearms requiring registration. Then they all had to turn em it cause they had all registered their firearms. They will do anything to accomplish what they are trying to do. We all gotta be vigilant. The 2nd amendment is one thing I keep my elected reps on notice about. The problem is a few of the right ones can make a big difference and keep it in the spotlight.