Hows your season going so far in Idiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Chief, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    havent had the chance to fish a whole lot, but so far this year i've been doing ok. 3 channel cats all over 7 lbs one was over 10. once i get my motor running i intend on getting some flatties

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Have been spending the past few weeks working on this boat, but getting closer. After that....things will get alittle more "serious" :wink:

3 outings, and only 3 fish (cats, got 34 gills thursday though)..........

Smitty

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Fishing for cats REALLY SUCKS THIS YEAR. I am avereging 1 per trip.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in Ohio and the fishing has been horrible, the up and down temps, the rain, all the cold fronts have really hurt..One of the rivers I fished just dropped 10 degrees, and it's June! Thats unreal..It will probablyy be fall before I get into any decent flatheads..I have only caught 5 flatheads, and none over 8-lbs..I have caught a couple 10-lb channels, but it's not the same..Been a very bad year..We need prolonge periods of stable weather to get the flats feeding.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I try to lok on the bright side. Next YEAR THE FISHING WILL BE BETTER. if i hear that one moretime i am goig to scream. I want to play with fishes now.waw waw

6. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    As far as numbers, I havent done well...but in size, I caught my biggest flat ever...the one pictured in my avatar was 37lbs, 11oz. I have a had a great year overall.

7. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    So far this year, 9 trips and 0 fish. The curse lives on. Atleast I saw a flathead yesterday. Someone else caught it Friday night and tied it up to the bank cause it was too late to clean it. Heck that even sucks, it wasn't more than 5 lbs. but there aren't enough in the river to begin with. I'm starting to think about fishing for channels, atleast I could here my clicker go off! :choler: This is about how I look after a month of this!!!

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    like jack said the cold fronts are killing us. have managed a couple of good trips but no fish over 40 yet.

9. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    me and a buddy put in on giest last night. he ended up getting 12 and i ended up getting 25- 30. the biggest was only 9 lbs.. caught all of them on cut shad from about 1 ft. of water to 10ft.. stopped at one of his favorite spots and i caught 8 cats right in a row that all a were right in around the 8.5 lb range. i got pics on a film camera i keep on the boat, didnt want to take the digital caused it rained most of the night.

10. yellerbelly69

yellerbelly69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    this year has been amazing. probably my best season ever, iv been catchin cats since febuary. iv probably put in 50 all nighters since then and have done great, been trying alot of new places, wabash, white river in gosport, paragon, and martinsville, catarac falls, eel river, raccoon lake, williams dam, and "catch the big one" and several other pay to fish lakes. also caught my personal best flattie last week, so im not complaining.

11. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Been tough. Shut out from 8:30PM to 5 AM this past Saturday.....back on it this Saturday LOL!!!! I'm a glutton fer punishment!!!!!