Hows the speckled trout and red fish bite going?

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Txbluecatman, May 14, 2008.

1. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Ive been itching to head out to the coast, but haven't had the time this year. I was wondering how everyone else who has made it to the coast has faired. I've heard they are killing them on the new Gulp Alive.

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    puppy drum just started showing up here. same with the blues, flounder and various bottom feeders. been cold for may with temps in the low to mid 70s, the water is taking a while to warm up

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    The bite is on here in NE Florida. GULP 3 inch minnows or shrimp on 1/8 oz jigheads is working well. Reds are also hitting cut bait on the bottom. Flounder are taking mud minnows........

4. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    That gulp is some great stuff. It darn near outfishes natural bait here in texas. I will be headed out to Rockport on monday to try my luck on some speckled trout at Copano Bay Fishing Pier.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    we went out of aransas pass 2 weeks ago & killed em, both reds & trout on shrimp. Then i went out last week w/my b in law out of Bluff's Landing on Baffin Bay & we tore the trout up on piggy perch, it was hard to get a limit that day as it was too windy, but the bite is definately on right now. You should do good in Rockport!!!!!!

6. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm hoping the big weekend rush should be done with when we get down there monday afternoon. Thanks for the report. :0a31:

7. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Just got back from Galveston. Action was slow on the surf as the wind was howling, and the bay was really churned, also from the wind, making conditions poor. Saw green water and light surf Sunday on my way home so the action should improve if the darn wind would quit...

8. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In Florida around the north west its good.