Hows the Snagging below Ft Gibson?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by stubbylong, Mar 16, 2009.

1. stubbylong

stubbylong New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if they are snagging any spoonies below Ft. Gibson Dam? Planning on a going down there this weekend and curious if it will be worth the trip. Or would Chouteau Bend be a better place to start? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    They were catching some when the water is running. Nothing real big. Be sure to check on the water before you make the drive.

Welcome to the BOC

3. stubbylong

stubbylong New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    How can I check on the Water?

4. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    www.swt.usace.army.mil Go to Lakes & river information then to Tulsa district then to daily report. All the corp lakes are listed. Click on the lake you want and the info comes up. It is not aways correct. I don't know the phone number of the project office at the dam. I live close enough that if it says they are running water I just go. Takes me about 20 min. to get there. If they are not running water I aways try to catch bait.

5. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    Last Saturday I was there from 6am to about 3pm seen 1 spoonbill caught about 10 pounds, people were snagging from about 8am and was still snagging when I left. They run water from 6am to 4:30 pm.

Besides the website you can call for a report toll free 1-866-494-1993

6. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC. I'll probably see you over there.