hows the grand river hitting

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by steinomyte, Jul 4, 2008.

1. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has anyone fished the grand river this last week? I'll be in leave and back in belding on sunday. Just wondering how the flatheads are biting right now.

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Sadly, the Grand River at Grand Rapids has risen over four feet in the last few days. You can still fish it, but in my experience this is far from the best conditions.
    Good luck.

3. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    dang......i expected it to go up from the storms on wed. but i never figured it would be up that much. guess i better rethink where i am going to bank fish tomorrow.

4. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    jspiel!
    How you doin' man?
    Have a look at this: (copy & paste)

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mi/nwis/uv/?site_no=04119000&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

Every time I get a chance to fish, the sky opens up and the river floods. 2008 is just not my year.

Good luck, let me know how it works out.
    T

5. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I finially got chance to check our spot on the grand yesterday. The water is about a foot height right now so we are going to try some cat fishing this weekend. We fished with some night cawlers yesterday but only caught a smallmouth and a sucker the rest of time i guess we just feed them pretty good.

6. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Went upstream from WestRiver drive to just below the Knapp St launch, and we fished just down from a big "bayou" about 5 days ago. We were in a hole about 14', but not enough cover to make me happy. We set up in the evening there and fished till about 1AM. Not a single bite, we were using live gills on the bottom. I am heading to the Ionia launch within the next week, great, right when the Ionia Free Fair is going to be happening :angry: . I'll let you guys know if I have any better luck.

7. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Last night we did some long need cattin. We didnt land anything but they kept us on our feet for a while. Our bells were going off left and right. We also had to on a good run but they spit the hooks. anyways heading back up to the grand tonight and floating it tomorrow

8. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    We caught a nice channel cat last night and had a few other good hits but kept spitting the hooks. Think about hitting it up thursday

9. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    We hit the grand again on last night. Finally landed some flatheads. We had couple slip away. All in all it was good night for us. Made my trip back to Michigan wroth the wait.