How's the getting good bait situation

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Quint, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Just thought I'd ask, how is the catching of good bait going right now at Tillery and Badin? The reports suggest your getting more nice fish your way.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    At BAdin bait should never be a problem. Their just about everywhere. At Tillery the other morning all I could get was 9 big 7"-9" gizzard shad. Couldn't find any small ones.

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was at Tillery this morning. I was only able to get one gizzard shad. No threadfins either. Bait is very scattered if you can find it. 24/27 boat ramp creek was best area. No bait or bird activity in any other major creek that I checked. Very hard to locate catfish. I only marked one fish in a large area where there should be lots of fish this time of year. I did talk to one guy who caught some small channel cats on shrimp. I only had 3 small bites. I would save your gas money and wait until next week to go. Maybe things will change by then. Fishing was so bad today that one guy said he couln't even catch a white perch on cut threadfin. He's been spooning for stripers and white perch and said it's been real slow for over a week now except for one day.

4. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Well it sounds like getting bait is tough to say the least! Tomahawk so you prefer small bait?

5. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Thanks for the reply Tomahawk?