How's the fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nasty nate, Mar 1, 2008.

1. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Just wondering if anyone fished Monticello this week. I'm planing on trying it out tomorrow.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck and be sure to leave me a few.

3. Chalk

Chalk Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    I fished Monticello today and never got a bite. Wind was blowing all day.:angry:

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Nathan, Welcome to BOC!!!

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC

What was the water temp?

6. Chalk

Chalk Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    53 - 56 degrees

7. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I fished Monty Saturday. The wind was terrible. Fished all day for 1 small channel cat. Hung another that felt good, but lost it. Water temp was 55.3. The game warden checked me and said that nobody had any fish, even the bass fishermen were were getting shut out.

My high point for the trip was taking a 15 year-old nephew who had never been on a boat or catfished. Wished he could have hooked up with big blue. I will take him again.

Also got to try out a new Penn #9. Didn't catch anything on it, but seems smooth. I always have used ABU's in the past. One of my old 5000's (the rest are 6000 - 6500's) gave up the gost and I wanted to try a Penn. Time will tell.

Counting down to Santee - March 15 - 21!

God Bless All!
    Steve

8. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I just got back from monticello. We only caught 2, the biggest weighed 10 lbs. Hopefully it'l pick up pretty soon.