Hows the fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by withone72, Oct 11, 2006.

1. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Come down next week to fish with a guide . staying at mill creek marina. does anyone know about this area. will be arriving on wed and going out with the guide on thurs. would like to fish some on wed . any suggestions. thanks Darryl I posted something about guide help ,but the thread disappeared.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I don't know anything about mill creek, Darryl, but I hope you will fill us in when you get back. Good Luck!

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the first thing about mill creek was the owner was very friendly and helpful. He didn't sell the s.c. license but he showed us were to get them. The rooms were very clean . the shower water was very hot .they had a fishing pier. we caught 2 fish off of it. with the fish being way out in the lake , i say we were luck to catch a couple. on thur. we went out at 7. If you live down there you know how foggy it was .our guide went right on though it. Gps !!! There was other guides and fishermen that were stuck on the bank, so i give him a AAAA+++++. He put us on fish as soon as we tied off .we fished the mine field and when the fog finally lifted we found outwhy they call it the mine field. There was stumps every where . we put 11 fish in the boat. we had 5 to break off . the other guys that went were trying to set the hook with circle hooks. that is a no no. so they lost alot of fish. I going back in april when the fish our in shallow water. we caught fish in 19 feet of water. I cann't mention our guides name but i going to use them again. I learned alot from them. Now i going to see if i can use that info. here in ky. see ya on the water Darryl

5. congrats on what sounds like a great trip. were you guys catchin blues or flatheads?

6. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    We caught 1 flat and the rest were blues.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a great time. It sure is good when a plan comes together I hope you did learn something to help you out.

8. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Darryl,
    Congrads on a great trip. Is Mills Creek on Lake Marion?

9. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yes , it is located off highway old six. very nice place to stay. it has everything a fisherman needs. it was 70 dollars for 2 rooms with a kitchenette.