hows the fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by oklahoma caveman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    well deer season has come and gone and my mind has already reverted into the fishing mindset. so those of you who have been doin some fishing lately, hows it been? im plannin on a little excursion sometime this week to texoma. be bank fishin but owell at least il be fishin

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    The fishin is GREAT! All you gotta do is find the buggers and they will keep you hopping!

3. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    well i went this mornin for a couple of hours. not a single bite. but somebody had beat me there. there were prolly 20 cat heads in the water, good size fish 2

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I have been doing pretty good when I get to go. Missed last weekend but going tomorrow. FFFFIIIISSSSHHHH OOONNNNN!:smile2:

5. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    well iv been several times in the last week and i havent had any luck at all, but the weather has been crazy

6. billy dahlem

billy dahlem New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    went yesterday got into fish around noon caught 24 average 13 pounds should be good tomarrow boys.

7. fishingrl636

fishingrl636 New Member

State:
    Lake Eufaula,OK
    Wher u findin em? Deep, shallow? I went out on Euf 2day and I couldnt find anything. I need some direction...:embarassed: Please?
    -stace

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Stace... here's some direction for you. Jest head due East until you're at Kerr Lake. Find a nice spot under a shade tree and be sure to bait yer hook while hiding it behind you. If the Blues see ya baitin' up, they'l likely snatch the bait right out of yer hand!

9. billy dahlem

billy dahlem New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    fishing 10 to 12ft stumps off creek channels,will let yall know how i do today before that front moves in,i also fish eufaula for crappie alot todd huckabee is one of my buddys down there

10. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I think I'm going to try Kerr today, never been that far south on the Nav channel. Leaving in a few minutes, I think.

11. billy dahlem

billy dahlem New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    joe did you catch any at kerr today

12. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Ask me tomorrow may be I will be able to tell you a story, we ended up getting plenty of bait had to throw for a little while though. I think I convinced Jack he needed a 8 foot net after his 6-7 foot net would not produce quite as many shad:smile2:

13. billy dahlem

billy dahlem New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    good luck be careful windy!

14. billy dahlem

billy dahlem New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    6 to 10ft to day different from wensday 10 to15ft.

15. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I ended up having an interesting day. I haven't been that far south on the channel to fish before. Today I had circled some places on the map and I just went and looked at a number of the areas. Hwy 10 ramp, Greenleaf. Webbers Falls, Spaniard Creek, Summers Ferry, Brewsters, and Gore Landing. Saw some pretty water and good ramps. I finally put the boat out at Gore and went down to Kerr lake just to get it wet after pulling it behind me all day. Saw a couple of eagles. Never really fished, I never saw any balls of shad, but by the time I launched the boat I was really almost out of time as I had a birthday party I had to be at back in Broken Arrow.
    Felt like I had a productive day and really enjoyed seeing all the good looking water. Didn't get all the places I wanted to, like Salisaw, but saw quite a bit. Made me sure I'm coming back.

16. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Joe... Ya mean ya drove thru my backyard an didn't stop by, honk or even call?

Shame on ya. I'da enjoyed gittin outta the house fer awhile.:sad2:

17. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I wanted to Albert and I thought about it, I'm just concerned about being a pest. I don't want you dreading I might call. I think I may have gone by your house though, just because I saw a Predator boat under a roof, Hwy 10 You live in a pretty area, it seems the river would have to be a major emphasis in the town it is such a dominant feature. I liked the town quite well.

18. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    He**, I'd never think of a catman as a pest unless I kept findin him in his boat parked over my favorite fishing hole!

Seriously, if you are coming to Gore, the Arkansas River, L&D16, or a host of other nearby places, make it a point to stop by and say hello. I might be in the mood to go fishing.

As of late, My best half has expressed a preferance that I fish with another person in the boat (especially since I took a header into the river last fall). I do try to fish at least three times a week to keep up with the movements of the blues.

19. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Albert-

20. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I'm guessing, Catman George, that means he doesn't go by Albert. It may sound like his mother is calling him, or a mad wife. Its just that whole tkishkape thing, I don't know how to say it or spell it for sure. Must be something easier.