Hows the fishing off of k32 on the Kansas River this year

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Razor, May 13, 2007.

1. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hey guy its been some time now sence ive fished the kaw i used to go down there off k32 behind sonic and the little stripp center i havent been down since they built all the new buldings back there, I know the railroad crossing i used to use is no longer there but was wondering if there is still good fishing back there and if it was worth the longwer drive back there. is where the road ends back there at the privit property.

2. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    im really getting sick of my wifes family and there 3lbs catfish lake fishing out in paola and stuff wanted to get back to my old fishing holes

3. KansasCatmaster

KansasCatmaster New Member

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Hey Razor... I don't know much about the place you are talking about, but I know the boat ramp there in Edwardsville is a good place to fish. I used to fish there a few years ago and always had good luck. Let me know how it goes for you, I'm going to Kansas City next weekend to fish there in Edwardsville. Tightlines to you buddy.

Kansascatmaster
    Parsons, Kansas

4. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    thnx and u to im gonna go check out my spots again its only a few miles from the grener house so im gonna check out that to i got some word today that my spot might be fenced off because of all the buildings but the one thats right buy the back interance to the boy scout camp out there might be a good spot for me to check if anyone can let me know of some more places around the grener house or even feather out towards bonner because ill be checking it out this weekend

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hope for your sake all the mud is dry. Everything is covered in mud.

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I hope ya found some good spots with the river up it may be hard to get the best spots

7. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you think by this weekend the water level will drop?? i havent watched the news lately so im not sure if there is any rain in the forcast

8. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I was just thinkin you might go behind peterbilt on woodend where the dam is, just east of 435 and throw out into the ripples or maybe the eddys where the water pools up good luck

9. j12goose

j12goose New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have seen guys fishing off of the bank on the Bonner side under the K-7 bridge. I'm not real sure how they accessed this spot, but I think the City of Bonner Springs ownes a bunch of that ground along their side of the river.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea im not sure how i got down their either:big_smile:

11. phlat

phlat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've been eyeballing a place to fish on the river. Just gotta convince the wife to drop me off down there sometime and come pick me up. Not a place I wanna leave my car sitting. Will report back when I finally get there.

12. KansasCatmaster

KansasCatmaster New Member

State:
    Parsons, Kansas
    Phlat I heard that it's still pretty muddy around the Edwardsville baot launch. I am going fishing down on Kaw Point this Saturday. Come on down and we'll have some fun. Hope this helps.

13. phlat

phlat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the invite. Unfortunatly the wife is going to a function out in Topeka and I get to watch the little one from about 2pm sat well into the evening. She failed to mention it till late this afternoon. Might partake in some overnight fishing at Shawnee Mission Park this weekend.

The spot I have in mind is upstream from Edwardsville. Idealy I could put a boat in @ DeSoto and motor to it, but first I need a boat. Also talked to my brother. We MIGHT try to enter the tourney on the 9th, but he said the water is up a bit. He works by it, and I work nowhere near it so I'll take his word for it.

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    THe water is up a bit from what is normal for this time of Year, but the fish don't mind and it far from Raging!

get them boats going and get up hear on the 9th. unfortunatly You need a boat to get into the tourney

15. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hey thnx for lettin me know im going sunday night im gonna the try down by the grener house and maybe check out some spots back inbehind fedex or whatever i think the peter built place is down that way to am i right??? is it a legal acess down in there???? but after i get me some bait tomarrow im gonna try some spots and if anyone can tell me how to get to the edwardsvill boat dock let me know

16. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yea im gonna try my spot there behind sonic but i havent been back there in years and they built the trailer home place that glass hous and stuff behind the carwash and strip center so im still wondering about acsess and the fishing there

17. j12goose

j12goose New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm not real sure about South of Sonic. If you fish East of I-435, behind Peterbilt, you can park along Woodend road there by the driveway where the cable is. To get to the Edwardsville ramp, just go West from I-435 on Woodend until the road turns back to the North. At the curve, look straight West and you will see the parking lot.

If you go behind Peterbilt in the next couple of days, be very careful. With last nights gullywasher, the river is up and kicking!

18. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yea i went down to the edwardsville boat ramp last night some good bites on live bait but nothing struck the banks are still really muddy down there and when the morning light hit i found a spot back behind the car acution lot but there a very challenging part to driving back where you need to be but if you get back there is a 40 foot walk down to the river side and it looked promising and i checke out my old spot my buddy old cabin still laid in burnt ruins from the punk kid burning it and you can see hes old couch sunk in the mud but after all my years fishing with him there its hard to even think about fishing there now thats hes passed away just seeing the years of work me and him put into that place making hand rail down to the water and stuff makes it hard to thiunk about bring that place back but if you have a 4 wheeler its no work at all gettin back there just need a weed eater to clear it out again i like your leads on these spots it help me get to know thw kaw again i think ill try directly behind petterbuilt here soon and does anyone know whats up with the little gravel road next to the boat ramp it looks like easy work to get around the gate so im just wondering if its a strick no tresspassing zone or not post back and let me know...

19. j12goose

j12goose New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That road leads to Edwardsville P.D.s pistol range. Needless to say, that is a very strict no tresspassing area. E.P.D does patrol that area frequently.

20. Razor

Razor New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you mean the road just to the left of the boat ramp that goes behind the insurance building lead to the epd shooting range? im glad i didnt go check it out lol