hows the fishing in columbus

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by catfishassasin, Jan 25, 2010.

1. catfishassasin

catfishassasin New Member

State:
    FTBEENING
    Hows the fishing been brothers i havent been around my unit got called up and we headed for afghan.... i have about a month in a half and i have about a month and a half before were scheduled to deploy so wheres the hot spots and who has cought the monster already

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Its been tough brother! The rain just keeps on falling. We get out there when we can, but that is normally once the water has fallen and that is not a real good time to fish. The shad/striper run should be in full swing by the time you get back so you got something to look forward too!

3. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    the end of jan. fishing has been realy tought so far . if you can get away from the current you could get a few good fish... the shad run usualy doesnt start untill the end of the month of feb... march and april is usualy the best month for a good stripper run around the river walk....keep your eyes open on some of the treads for columbus cause when the shad and skipjack show up every hilljack in the area will be out there getting bait and catchin fish!!!!!!!

4. catfishassasin

State:
    FTBEENING
    well i only have a month and 1/2 so hopefully the bait and the bit picks up so i can get in some good fishing. has anybody talked to catwhisper i read he was having surgery is every thing going ok with him???

5. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    So you will be fishing in tourney on 13 FEB?

6. catfishassasin

State:
    FTBEENING
    wheres it at i have to stay in a two hour window from fortbenning would love to though just give me the info and let me know if anyone is looking for a partner.

7. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY