Hows the fishing in California??

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatswithBats, Nov 13, 2006.

1. CatswithBats

CatswithBats New Member

State:
    Cali
    Its raining in my part. Im in the bay area. Where do you live and wats the report?

2. ko1featherweigh

ko1featherweigh New Member

State:
    newark,cal
    i live in the bayarea to its been raining prity hard

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC brothers! What part of the bay ya'll live? What area do ya'll fish? Nice to see some new Northern Cal brothers:wink:

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Fresno got some wet stuff lately looks like were going to be in some mushy fog very soon .

Bay area is the place to be you guys have the ocean and the delta nd ALL THAT i'm Jealous!!!

5. CatswithBats

CatswithBats New Member

State:
    Cali
    Yee Nor Cal brothers all under one thread. mkay well im in the bay walnut creek, concord,livermore area. How about you guys?

6. ko1featherweigh

State:
    newark,cal
    im in the fremont area i only fish little a public pond/lake near my house and always looking for some where new so if u guys have any place please share

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I am in Fresno (Central Cal). I love fishing the Delta though:smile2:

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Trying to plan a trip to Sac area for sturgeon, just as soon as the bite picks up maybe one more rain will bring them inland.

Any of you guys fish for sturgeon?

Good to see all of you guys posting keep us updated on your catchs post picks if you can love seeing them.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Welcome to the BOC fellas.

10. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    I live 1/2 hour from Chico and 45 min from Redding. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by some of Californias best fishing and hunting. Welcome to the BOC!

11. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the boards.
    I'm in Southern Cal. and it has been quite warm the past few days.

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    If you like to camp out, then go to brannen Island state park off hwy 120 at Rio Vista... The is some bank fishing if you do not have a boat, but the three mile slough is ok. cats, sturgeon, stripers. Get your bait in Rio Vista

happy thanks giving :smile2:

bayrunner ray

13. ko1featherweigh

State:
    newark,cal
    hey vini
    this will be the fist year im going to try to fish for sturgeon i was recommended to a place call coyote point off the 101. i havent been there but some guys i meet tell me storys of sturgeon ima check it out once the rain picks up a little more and ill let you know how it goes.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks bro. I traveled up there at least twice a month several years ago and fished sac to Rio vist. Lets hook up and wet a line.

15. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno

DEFINETTLY get as much info as you can I think next month myself and Robb are going to be heading up there for a weekend hunting the Dino :crazy: we'll let you know just as soon as we pick a date

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Hey, y’all

Way back before you were born, I have been told that steamships and paddle wheelers etc would come up the San Joaquin to Fresno. They use to have major water coming down before the killing and law suits ended. They dammed up the river. Bastards! “I would like to have fished the old river” There are so many rivers that still do flow into it
    … Getting to them is tough. “Do I take a gun at night” you know what I mean…… That’s why I use to sleep in the boat away from “stuff and things”. The RV is the way to go now.
    I have fished the Kings River at hwy 99 in 20—30 foot holes…. Most of river is only 6-8 seasonally. Anyway, back to the San Joaquin. Look and drive some, and check out all the roads that cross the river…. Get out the county maps. Mossdale trailer park has camping on the San Joaquin and there is a county ramp under the I-5 and hwy 120. The train tracks up river have good holes. If you can read a river you’ll make out fine

click....click....click....click....clickie

'Fish on " Happy Holidays.....

Bayrunner ray

17. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Me and Robb found what we call the " Honey hole" on the San Joaquin river out by Mendota last year, one night we pulled in my biggest channel that went over 10 pounds Robb caught some that went between 5-8 pounds, we started figuring out per thousand yards just how many fish might be in that water IT'S A BUNCH . Now we might have trouble getting back to that spot last time we went they barracaded off the spot we used to get access to the river from so there not wanting us out there, it's a new farm of pastacio trees and very dusty, BUMMER!!!!!!!:sad2: