Hows the fish biting?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, Aug 19, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its been forever since Ive been out fishing. Pretty close to a month now. I was wondering how the fish are acting right now?

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    they come and go in spurts.....some nights you can go out and just burn them up. and other nights be lucky to catch 2. what part of the ohio do u fish?

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Down south their biting.. just not many hooksets..:sad2:

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Same kinda' deal here on the upper Wabash...pretty hot one night & nothing the next.

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    same thing on the ohio here too ... seems like earlier in the week after the pleasure boaters are gone and the water settles just a bit the fish seem to turn on... then by the time i hit the water on wed. or thursday they have turned off.

6. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, I'm not dealing with pleasure boaters where I fish, but that pattern sounds like what I dealing with. Seems pretty good early in the week & then slows down later on. ???:confused2:

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Eric here in ohio it's not been so good catching. Two weeks of nothing makes for some long nights altho I enjoyed them.

8. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks guys. Well I finally got out to the river lastnight and fished the mouth of a creek. I got a few bites but caught nothing. My cousin was with me, and he ended up catching a 5-6 lb channel cat and a 2 lb shortnose gar.

9. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

I fish Perry County. Theres a lot of places to fish the river here. I dont have a boat though so I bank fish unless someone invites me out.

10. newburghcatfish

newburghcatfish New Member

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    Not catching much down river at Newburgh either.

11. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was really slow the past couple of weeks here in peru. Then the earth decided to give us rain! The river came up about a foot last night, so I went out for a couple hours and managed to get a 7 pound channel. I got several bites, and had another hooked but after about a minute got off. So the bite is picking up, and we are suppose to get more rain, so it should be decent by this weekend. Good luck, happy fishing guys.

12. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Eric, Sorry havent been around. ya know gotta keep momma happy, cause if she aint happy aint nobody happy. but got the yard work done and honeydo is gettin shorter but as you know Ive been laid off from work for a while and it seems that there is too much month at the end of the money but as soon as I head that way again Ill sure let ya know.

13. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cant wait! :roll_eyes:

14. newburghcatfish

newburghcatfish New Member

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    8/23/09 was not any better, no one was catching anything at Newburgh dam, plus no bait.

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i fished the dam sunday and got a rod ripped out of my hands :crazy::crazy::crazy:.. then went down river and did some drifting and caught 19 fish in about 4 hours.. 15 blues and 4 channels.. big fish was 21# smallest was 6 all caaught of frozen skipjack... what kind of doat were u in? i was in a 22ft sylvan deepV with catfish1.com decals on the rear corners.. hard to miss my boat when i am out there.. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i will add this.. when it gets tough like that on those bright sunny days get in the nastiest snags/structure you can find.. i probably snagged and lost my rigs 8-10 times in 4 hours sunday but if i wasnt getting hung up i wasnt catching fish!!!! it was like that untill 2:30or 3:00 when the pressure started dropping the clouds came in and the wind started blowing then the fish came out of the cover and went deep on me... gotta chase em when the weather is changing like it has been!!

17. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I just came in from about 5 hours of drifting. i was useing small skips and some fresh shad. i caught 13 fish. 12 blues and one channel. my biggest blue was in the 25 30ish range. and my smallest was so small i kinda wonder where the big piece of shad went.....but overall it wasnt a bad night. I was drifting in about 25-35 foot of water....and for those of you who know where i love to fish, it wasnt there. I went downriver :big_smile: gotta try some new spots every now and then!

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    They are just starting to bite pretty good around here . Mostly up close to bank .

19. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    wont be long and the real bite will be on when the water temp starts dropping with these cool nights!!!

20. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i think im gonna start hitting the lakes around here for some redear and big crappie. they should start biting soon