hows the coosa

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by danbran4, Jul 26, 2008.

1. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Does anyone know how the coosa is this weekend? I'm going fishin below the neely henry dam.

2. southpaw

southpaw New Member

State:
    alabama
    i havent been in the last 3 weeks but the last time i went i fished around the alpine bay area and the water temp was in the high 80s low 90s. i only had one bite.i havent been able to get back down there lately. let me know how you do

3. jim6077

jim6077 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I fished most of the night last night with very little bite ... I was using cut shad , Shrimp fresh with heads still on- I did catch 3-4 blue's 4-6 lb.s ea. so the trip was not a failure but nothiong like I am use to catching .. I fished shallow, Deep Hole's ,Creek Channel's even put 3 rods out on top with corks at many diff. depths ... This trip has a whole page in my log as to maybe why they did not bite...

4. Muddin88

Muddin88 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    i fished last night on the coosa and caught 5 gator gars, 18 pound flathead and a 24 pound blue. i am gonna try again tonight and see the river has been coughing up big fish on large shad and 4 finger bream. so the coose is being a great fishing area.

5. jim6077

jim6077 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I must be fishing the wrong spot ...