How's the catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by danbran4, Nov 16, 2007.

1. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I just moved to fayetteville and i was wonderin how the catfishin is this time of year. Also i was wonderin where's some good places to go. any help would be appreciated.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, Welcome to the BOC. You've come to the right place. I'm not familiar with the Fayetteville area but I believe that you're not far from the Cape Fear River. There are quite a few members here that fish the Cape Fear and they have said that the winter is a great time to catch big blues.

3. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Hey i just wanted to say thanks, the river aint to far from me.

4. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    Welcome to the BOC. Sorry you had to move to fayetteville(Igrew up there).
    Are you fishing from boat or shore?

5. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I know fayetteville aint my number one choice, i have to do what uncle sam say's. Im fishin from the shore, i aint got a boat yet, thanks

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    There are some good catfish lakes on ft Bragg with good bank access. Haven't fish them in good while. Check with MWR Keller Lodge.

7. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jeff, Welcome to NC! Thank you for serving Uncle Sam. The Cape Fear is a great catfish river. I hope you catch a big one.

8. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Yeah i heard there was some good catfishin on ft. bragg, i havent had any luck yet. Thank you, the army is a great thing, i hope i catch a big cat also, good luck to you guy's fishin.