How's the catch?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigcatwannabe, Apr 5, 2006.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    this year has started off good from january til now. Caught a few nice blues, just wondering how everyone else is fairing with mr. whiskers

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I caught a 56# blue in January but besides that one, I havent caught too many maybe 2-3 in the 15-20# range one that was 33# and about 4-5 under 10#'s This year is starting out slow. I went friday night and saturday night but only caught one small one. Seemed like the bite was slow due to the 12 degree temp rise in seven days. Hopefully by this weekend they are used to the warmer water and bite good.

3. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    where are you fishing

4. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wich I had a chance to go out an catch some cat's. the weather here in Pittsburgh went from the 60's yesterday to flurries today. At this rate the water won't be heated up enough at least for a month and a half maybe.

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    my biggest this year was 19lbs. a couple miles below lock and dam #2 on the cape fear river.

On fresh cut eel.....

6. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    yeah, we caught a 15 and a 16 there the other day, i think its gonna be a pretty good spot while the shad are running

7. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    scott, we catch cats pretty good down here in the freezing cold like in january, its actually pretty good fishing, you may wanna try it

8. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The secret for us in Jan. is jugs and some good neoprene gloves! Catch alot of nice eatin sized blues and small channels fishing all depths.