Hows the blue catfishing in the Arkansas River

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by catsalot, Jun 26, 2006.

1. catsalot

catsalot New Member

State:
    illinois
    I lived in arkansas few years ago before i got into catfishing wondering how the blue cats are in the arkansas river

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    If the river is at a flow, the fishing can be some of the best in the state, but if there is no flow dont go!!

3. Cause They're Big

Cause They're Big New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansas
    I've always said the same, but I just got my new (to me) boat and am going to camp down at Toad Suck this weekend. Do you have any suggestions for low flow? I'm thinking around a creek mouth or find a deep hole.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I been tearing them up wheter the water is flowing or not...you just need to learn there hang-outs.:roll_eyes:

5. Cause They're Big

State:
    Conway, Arkansas
    That makes me feel better about this weekend. I've found some likely spots on down river that I think will give me a good chance. I've always wanted to drift fish it, maybe starting at the tailrace and going on down. I'm gonna give it a shot. You catching some makes me a little more optimistic. Thanks.

6. CIRCLE HOOK

CIRCLE HOOK New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Makes me feel alot better since I'm driving 2 hrs to get there. Still though, we don't know jack. Big Sam sounds like him and jack are good friends!!! He has put in his time and paid his dues and if we do the same the fish will come. A simple but (hopefully) successful plan. I'm pumped!!

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Duell and Kenny, I haven't fished out of Toadsuck in a few years but down river a ways there is an old channel that cuts into the river from the east. There use to be a nice deep hole right there at the mouth of it. I thinks it is just before you get to a big bend that turns a little southeast. I have caught some fish there but like I said it has been a while. There are also some dikes along in there with some deep scour holes. Good luck and tell us how you did.

ST

8. Cause They're Big

State:
    Conway, Arkansas
    Kenny, I guess I'll go fishin' with you this weekend, but you gotta fix that pic. That default shadowy guy gives me the creeps. On second thought, you were probably fishin' or thinkin' about fishin' while I was puttin' my pic on here, so maybe you got the right idea. Anyway, come on down, my rowdy friend. I got the pig in the ground and the Gatorade on ice. This is gonna be long day.

9. BigDuck

BigDuck New Member

State:
    Trumann, Arkans
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Duell!!!!

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well johnny (777) and myself went down to my favorite spot on the Ar. river last friday night...of course the battery did not want to cooperate:sad2: but johnny had a spare battery so we were good...There was a livewell full of fish caught blues and channels....Dk and shad were the baits of choice....Sorry you couldn't go Top......maybe next time..I was glad to meet johnny and fish with a BOC member..turns out we used to play softball againist each other when we were younger..a quite a bit younger:wink:

11. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    You must be fishing after dark Big Sam. It's so hot on Nimrod , I'm stay'n home.:embarassed:

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Top you missed a good night the fish were biting pretty good and I really enjoyed fishing with Sam. Next trip we are going to take the toon and hit Kerr Lake. Sam showed me a trick or two on the DK's that I didn't know all and all it was a good night fishing with a fellow BOC member. And Sam your right the softball was some years ago:lol:

13. bigmic900

bigmic900 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i dont know how it is but i want to catch one

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I think we started about 430pm .....they bite in ther heat of the day as long as your in the right spot and a little water running definately helps:smile2:

15. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey guys new member here. I'm really looking foward to expanding my knowledge and chasing some big Arkansas River cats. After five years without I bought another boat a few weeks ago and have been getting to know the river again. I took my son and son-in-law below the Ozark dam last weekend. No flow at all but we still caught 11 cats in a couple hours on shad. we were anchored straight out from where they let out the water for the lock. there is a hump where the water went from 12 ft. to 25 ft. I was happy to see my son catch the biggest blue of the day, bout 6lbs. He also reminded us that he caught the most, 5. We caught 3 each. I'm ready to start hunting for some flathead tho. Hope to see some of you guys out on the water.

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    welcome stoo..hey don't be afraid to anchor in the current just before the powerlines where they re-rocked the bank about 40yards off the bank use your fish finder and find the drop off...you'll catch some nice ones:smile2:

17. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks Sam. I'll be out there with my son again early Friday mornin. I'll look for it.

18. Maynard

Maynard New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    do any of you folks do any noodling be low the dam at Pendelton

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC ITs two hot for me to go I would be out there if i could:sad2:

20. Stoo

Stoo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hit the river this afternoon below Ozark dam. I tried the spot Sam told me about. I'm going to have to get another and bigger anchor. I couldn't hold in the current. I still caught some channels on the DK i just got in the mail tho. Thats some good stuff. I didn't get to stay long after the sun set due to a thunder boomer that popped up but was fun to catch a few.