How's everyone doing

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ncfowler, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    how is eveone doing so far the season ? I have only went out once and it was a bust nice carolina blue day no wind and warm. should have took the beach chairs and sunblock. on birds were taken at all not even residant geese. So i decided not to do any waterfowl hunting till the weather gets cold in the 3rd season, which open in a week or two. insted i was deer hunting with my son on some private property. so far i got 2 deer.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I havent had a chance to go out,Jeff. But I have been seeing some sizable flocks of West Basin Greaters [b29s] and I'm pumped to go after em.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    No luck here, have not had a lot of time to go. I have been hearing alot of people killing a ton of ducks and geese on the river. The ponds and smaller lakes are getting ice and the waterfowl are piling in to the rivers.

4. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'm scouting hard and killing a few wood ducks but haven't seen many migraters yet.

5. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Fowler,
    Bigwhiskers here. We haven't seen too many "sky carp" either the last few weeks. Did you get to take any Teal in the early season?

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    We have not killed but a few wood ducks. And only had 4 good day's of goose hunting best day was 18. That's with poor shooting should have done better, to exited I guess from actually finding some geese! Well season comes back in this morning but have nothing lined up. What a poor year so far. I miss teaching that 12th gauge education class! :sad2: