Hows everybodys fishing going

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by boozer, Sep 23, 2006.

1. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    went last weekend i was limited to only 2 hours and caught 3 fish, one was about 1lb 2 was about 3lb and the last one was around 20 i think i didnt have a scale but the picture is on my avatar.I know it was bigger than my last that was 15lb.It was fun to fight.cant wait to double that weight. good fishing everyone.

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    last 2 times ive went fishing i lost 2 bigguns one time b/c im dumb and didnt tie my hook on right lol. and the other time b/c i didnt have a net. hopefully sunday it will be better! lol.

3. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    This whole year has been a weird one for me. Caught a lot of fish but only because I went soo often. And nothing very big all year. May and June was fair but the rest of the year has been slow, the last month has been the worst yet. Still waiting for that fall bite to start.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    The cattin in New York has slowed to a dead stop. The last four times out not one bite. It should be picking up soon. Weave had some really cold nights in the low fortys, with the highs only in the sixtys.

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Last week I hit a small county lake here in S/W Iowa got 1- over 6lbs an d 1 around 5lbs on cut gills . Haven't been out since .

6. Sam Wall

Sam Wall New Member

State:
    California
    I've been getting about 2 fish a night but I get up for work at 4 am so I cant fish all night. A lot more bites than fish caught, I'm still getting used to using whisker stickers, it seems that I'm almost better off treating it like a circle hook and letting it set itself. I usually use Octopus hooks, and I'm thinking bout stickting with them and abandoning the whisker stickers altogether.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Fishing has been slow. But thanks for asking.

8. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the replys and good fishing to everyone

9. Crayzie

Crayzie New Member

State:
    Portsmouth, Ohio
    Things were kinda slow for a while.. then picked up for a week with some nice sized channels.. now its kinda slow again.. hopefully this weekend when I get out Ill get me a few bigguns..

10. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Here in SW Oklahoma the temps are still in the nineties during the day. I've caught one catfish the last three times I've been out. Last night I threw worms, gills, shad, and minnows at them. Got 3 light bites, nothing that ever hit and stayed long enough to sink a hook into. I too, am waiting for the fall season to start. :crazy:

11. Douglas Foster

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Well, I went out this morning again, this time I only had minnows for bait. Nothing-zip- zilch- nada. Not a single tingle on my bells. Its a good thing I'm dumb, otherwise I might get discouraged!

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It started out real bad as far as quantity goes though the quality and quantity has increased, so I guess it is better now.

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    The fishing here on my part of the Ohio is and always has been really good. I haven't caught anything over 20 pounds here lately, but my brother has. We have caught many fish under ten pounds all summer, flatheads, blues and channels. Vern

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i have but not many , did lose two good ones last nite tho . caught pb blue 65# and flat 50# this year with several 20 to 35# flatheads all summer

15. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Its been windy..and the little dinks seem to be nippin at my bait or its a turtle...
    I'm ready for cooler weather!

16. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I haven't been fishing since the Georgia gathering:embarassed: It was the only four catfish that I've caught all year:cry: . Its pretty darn depressing.

17. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I went two nights ago at my usual spot tryin to catch some channel cats unfortunately all I caught was a snail bullhead haha he was mean though.

18. Douglas Foster

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Rejoice! Rejoice! The curse is lifted! I went this afternoon. Caught two 8 inch shad with the cast net, did my usual slice and dice on em and set out three rods. Before long I hear the tink tink tink of a bell! I reel in and behold!, its a mythical catfish! Before the end of the evening, I'd managed to catch five cats, all keeper sized. I was so happy that when I got home I kicked open the bedroom door and told my wife to "strip off them knickers" to which she replied, "Get the hell out of here." Oh well, I still caught five catfish!:smile2:

19. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I would be happy just to get a bite that would bend the rod, even a little.
    The last few weeks, I've been catching quite a few, but if you put them all together, they wouldn't weigh 5 pounds.:sad2:

I know it's going to get better, just don't know when?:confused2:

Ken

20. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I've been getting a few channel eaters on Goldeneye cutbait this week. Nothing over 5 lbs.