Howell Island

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jan 1, 2010.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know if Howell island is flooded right now? I appreciate the info and help if any knows!

Tim

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Howell Island is not accessible via the causeway when the Missouri River is above 16-feet on the St. Charles area river gauge. To find river stages go to http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2.

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah..I found it right after the post..Thanks for the quick responses and the help!:wink: ..I love this site!!!

4. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And for the record..The website is wrong..There has been washout,which makes the floodstage differant than actuallity.I am guestimating flooding of the causway is actually around 13 ft...it was flooded all day and according to the website,it wasnt.

And...I shot my first deer today! A really nice doe! WOOOOT :smile2:

5. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    Hey congrats on the doe. It's pretty miserable out there right now, so you were probably one of very few that checked in a deer that day. Now you just need to get a little farther out on the island and smack one of the monsters Howell Island holds.

6. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Trust me..I was in about as far as you could get..I have seen one of those monsters..Last year,but my buck fever got the best of me..I have only been hunting a handfull of times..So this is huge for me..Thanks for the congrats..I am real proud of my doe..She's a good size one..I love that place..

7. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There were 2 groups doing a drive right after we were on our way out..They got a doe and a decent 6 pointer..

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    To me Does a re better eating anyways.Can't eat those horns.
    Con grads on the doe.

9. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri